Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anything, floating on the stock exchange, ceteris paribus, tends to imply greater transfer spending.

* The money raised from flotation goes to retire debt, line the Glazers' pockets, etc.: money from operations that would otherwise have been used to retire debt, etc. is now available for transfers

* The money raised from flotation goes to the transfer kitty

The only real exception to this would be if Manyoo were using the proceeds to build a new stadium or somesuch, but there's no real evidence of that.

Modric would be an excellent replacement for Carrick/Fletcher.. that void which they've not really filled since Keane left.

Although Fletcher had some brilliant performances, he's never really been phenominal and his injury now probably means he'll come back a long way short of where he was.

Can't see Spurs selling to Utd unless it's big big money though.

Man Utd should just go big for Modric, Van der Vaart and Bale all in one go. The natural replacements for Butt, Giggs and Scholes.

Yeah that would cost a ridiculous amount of money, that Man u don't have.

Yes, ridiculous amounts of money.

However 'that Man Utd dont have'? This is the 'broke' Man Utd that still spend a good 20-30m every summer, without even making any 'marquee' signings.

As long as they are Man Utd, there will be a bank somewhere who'll loan obsene amounts to them without questioning.

Yes, that's beyond them, but Man Utd will spend big this summer, I'm sure of it.

Whether it's on Bale or Modric though is yet to be seen, but I wouldn't be surprised.

This is the 'broke' Man Utd that still spend a good 20-30m every summer, without even making any 'marquee' signings.

Check back. They actually don't spend that. In the last 3 years for example, in player purchases and sales they spent a total of £124m and recouped £152m. A net spend of -£28m. During the same period they spent £245m in interest on their loans.

Yeah that would cost a ridiculous amount of money, that Man u don't have.

Yes, ridiculous amounts of money.

However 'that Man Utd dont have'? This is the 'broke' Man Utd that still spend a good 20-30m every summer, without even making any 'marquee' signings.

As long as they are Man Utd, there will be a bank somewhere who'll loan obsene amounts to them without questioning.

Yes, that's beyond them, but Man Utd will spend big this summer, I'm sure of it.

Whether it's on Bale or Modric though is yet to be seen, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Bale would cost about 50m, Levy doesn't sell players for cheap everyone knows this.. they Sold Berbatov for about 30m to Man u and Bale is 10x the player. and hes only 22.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not so sure. I think Man U might have something up their sleeve with regards to a new CM.

As stupid as the Glazers might seem, they are business men.. and Man U doing a Liverpool (finishing obscure 5 or below every season) is not good for business.

There's only so long Fergie can pull off these miracles as well!

Â