Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Shocked by this latest round of Italian 'Ultra' violence. I'm amazed also at the reaaction from the media, its just a bit like "oh well, boys will be boys".

We only really hear about these incidents when British teams go to Italy but I assume it must happen anytime a foreign team plays there? Why are the powers that be (Police, UEFA, FIFA) not doing anythingabout it???

Yes, I checked out the picture too, not so much a stab as a guy with a huge gaping wound across the majority of his head.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We only really hear about these incidents when British teams go to Italy but I assume it must happen anytime a foreign team plays there?

I think English supporters are the big prize for these ultras in Italy, Turkey, etc., just because the English have the "Hooligan" trademark...

Basically a group of locals preplanned to go to this bar with the intnet of mass murder... yet none of the footballing authorities seem interested (they say its not a Football problem) and I doubt the Italian Police will make a huge fuss about it either. Then, guess what, it'll keep happening.

Yeah I remember seeing some program, can't reember specifically which one it was but I think it was about eastern european hooligans.

They basically said the English still have this reputation as being THE hooligans. So they're sort of a trophy when it comes to this sort of thing.

Edit: Seen the picture. Jesus.

One of the English fans said (I think a pinch of salt may be required) that there was 1 police car outside all evening and just before the violence started it left for an unknown reason and it took more that 15 minutes for any police (was 3 cars) to arrive.

This happens every time an English team plays in Rome, but it also happens to other Italian teams supporters in Rome. The use of knives by Italian hooligans isn't common but does happen in both Rome and Naples.

Interestingly police are saying they suspect at least one Roma fan to be involved in the attack so it seems like members of Lazio and Roma firms teamed up. It has also been suggested that anti-semitic shouts were heard during the attack so it's quite likely that this was far-right fans from both Rome clubs.

The police in Italy generally do **** all to combat hooliganism, they have a similar mentalaity to many of the hooligans, they'll give fans a kicking, crack a few skulls but rarely bring charges against anyone involved unless they target the police themselves.

Basically a group of locals preplanned to go to this bar with the intnet of mass murder... yet none of the footballing authorities seem interested (they say its not a Football problem) and I doubt the Italian Police will make a huge fuss about it either. Then, guess what, it'll keep happening.

what can football authorities do about some thugs attacking fans in a bar night before a game? Its way out of their scope in fairness

what can football authorities do about some thugs attacking fans in a bar night before a game? Its way out of their scope in fairness

Well the least that clubs like Lazio could do is not say "nothing to do with us, not our fans"

If it's clear that it's football related, which it is, then they can do whatever they see fit, surely?

Oooh, that's going to leave a nasty scar.

Sanctions need to be put in place so that football clubs are held responsible for the actions of their supporters. You can guarantee that if this was an English football club then Uefa & co would come down on them like a tonne of bricks.

but how does that work? imagine of Villa played Rapid Vienna and a load of sha fans battered the vienna fans and stabbed them and UEFA charged Villa and kicked us out.

from reports ive heard was actually some Roma fan arrested for it

Bring sanctions against both clubs then.

It's tough on the clubs, but it's a good way to ensure they're motivated sufficiently to do something about the problem.

It wasn't fair on the rest of the British clubs after we all got banned following Heysal, but the ban forced the entire country to do something about it's problem.

Agree with Shillz, if Roma fans also involved in this then they should be punished too, despite not playing.

If UEFA are punishing the clubs then the clubs will try to stop it happening. Also the minority of fans will come under pressure from the majority to quit their antics as the result effects the entire club.

Bring sanctions against both clubs then.

It's tough on the clubs, but it's a good way to ensure they're motivated sufficiently to do something about the problem.

It wasn't fair on the rest of the British clubs after we all got banned following Heysal, but the ban forced the entire country to do something about it's problem.

I agree with this, England was banned as a country for repeat offences which culminated in the Heysel disaster during the 70's and 80's. This incident isn't the first in Italy by any means, and I think it is about time not just the Rome clubs, but the whole country was banned from European football for a spell of 3-5 years. That might force them to do something about their problem. Of course it won't happen, as the majority of Europe can't stand the English and it will probably be swept under the carpet.

Â