Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Thought Spurzzz played quite well.

Good zip to their game and plenty of movement.

The test for them will be against the lower ranked clubs. Losing to Stoke and Wolves indicates they have some way to go yet, as indeed do we after reversals against the likes of West Ham, Wigan and Blackburn.

But we've recently added some much needed guile to our play in centre-mid without losing stability at the back.

For all the hype surrounding 'Arry's boys, signings like Bassong and Palacios aren't top quality, and don't seem to have corrected the notion that Spurs can be 'got at.' That when you get past the attacking threat of Defoe, Lennon and Krankjar, there is a soft underbelly waiting to be exploited.

Just a shame we got caught between stick and bust when we played them at VP. Had we played our current formation I reckon there would be a 5 point gap between the sides now in our favour.

Perhaps it's happened for the best though, as average as we were that day our overall standard of play has improved since then. Maybe it was the wake-up call we needed.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man City played 4-3-3! and Lennon played very well against Man Citys left sided players (Barry looked nothing like the player we had) IMO, Crouch missed to many chances, time after time. Dawsons seems to be a changed player from the one I have seen in the past, on this form he should be close to an England call.

I thought Man City would do Spurs, but Man City were shit, only player that looked interested was Tevez. Adebyor and that Robino fella just never seemed that bothered, what a waste of money. Hughes will be gone before long ass they are gonna struggle with a team like that.

I didn't think it was one of our better performances. I just think City were toothless in attack and rubbish at the back. Harry said he thought it was the best we've played this season, but I can't agree with that. But it was tough to play flowing football as they had 3 in the middle, plus Tevez was like a 4th CM at times, so it was always going to be congested and tough to pass the ball. From the moment Huddlestone clattered Robinho he was totally dissinterested.

I didn't think it was one of our better performances. I just think City were toothless in attack and rubbish at the back. Harry said he thought it was the best we've played this season, but I can't agree with that. But it was tough to play flowing football as they had 3 in the middle, plus Tevez was like a 4th CM at times, so it was always going to be congested and tough to pass the ball. From the moment Huddlestone clattered Robinho he was totally dissinterested.

Agree with this. Citeh were woeful and Spurs were a lot better against us I thought.

Dawson has had a good season so far, though he was lucky to get away with that handball in the area. Kranjcar looks very good, regardless of his 2 goals. Still not convinced on Palacios or Huddlestone though.

also very lucky to get away with that challenge on the edge of the box where he just cleaned someone out - ireland i think it was.

Not nice reading if your a Spurs fan but great if your not, can't see Keane being in Redknapp's good books after this one;

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp does not believe that his squad's secret Christmas party was to blame for last weekend's defeat to Wolves.

Premier League top-four hopefuls Spurs were stunned 1-0 at White Hart Lane and it has transpired that players went against their manager's wishes in the build-up.

Redknapp, who holds a strong opinion that professional footballers should not drink alcohol, was under the impression that his players were going to Ireland to play golf last week to celebrate Christmas.

But it has been reported on Friday that 16 first-team players each paid party organiser Robbie Keane £2,000 in order to spend a night in Dublin bars and a nightclub.

Redknapp, though, does not believe the events caused the defeat to Wolves, telling The Sun: "Wednesday was their day off and Robbie told me they were going to Ireland to play golf. I had no problem with that.

More

I reported that on here over a week ago.

They went to the worst club in Dublin to celebrate had they no shame.

I dont like Robbie Keane but you cant blame him completely he just organised it the players didnt have to give him the money. Plus he is supposed to be on his way out of SPurs anyway

I dont like Robbie Keane but you cant blame him completely he just organised it the players didnt have to give him the money. Plus he is supposed to be on his way out of SPurs anyway

What did they get for their £2000 then? I recon I could do this party organising lark...

What did they get for their £2000 then? I recon I could do this party organising lark...

Dublin is pretty steep so flights, a day of drinking allegedly from 3-3 and would imagine they were on expensive champagne and a hotel room again probably 5 star and would come to about 1800 overall. £200 commission.

I know you said they had been there, I don't recall you saying they were there on false pretenses against the wishes of their manager which is what this story is.

I know you said they had been there, I don't recall you saying they were there on false pretenses against the wishes of their manager which is what this story is.

Not sure how he would know that to be fair.

Â