Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well according to Levy there is no money to spend in Jan unless they sell but they aren't willing to let key players leave.

So unless Spurs can find another club like Sunderland or Pompy to pay over the odds for their cast offs I'd say it will be a quiet month for old melted face. Expect lots of talk about the players he would have signed and who would have wanted to join him if he had the money.

I think you'll be disappointed then, because it seems that Spurs have just tied up a deal for a defensive midfielder - the first fruits of our new partnership arrangement with the Brazilian club Internacional.

His name is Sandro - Brazil's U-20 captain and now recently capped for their senior squad. Not sure of the fee - around 7m maybe, but that figure is yet to be confirmed. He should be at the Lane to watch our game against Wolves.

Of course it remains to be seen how quickly (or not) he is brought into the first team matchday squad and how well he'll adapt to the Prem.

Candleface in talking to the media shocker:

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp agrees with chairman Daniel Levy that the club do not need to buy anyone in January.

Spurs currently occupy fourth spot in the Premier League and are looking to stake their claim for a place in next year's UEFA Champions League.

The White Hart Lane outfit splashed £45million during last season's January transfer window but Levy has recently warned that there will be no such splurge in 2010.

This is a view shared by Redknapp, who revealed he is more than happy with the players at his disposal.

Asked for his view on the matter, he said: "Well I don't think we need any players - the same view as the chairman.

"We've said that all along. I'm happy with the squad, if I can keep everybody fit we haven't got any problems in terms of wanting to bring anybody into the club really.

"The only way we'd bring anybody in is if we sold somebody and we maybe wanted to use that money to bring another player in.

"But we're not really looking to make any changes, we're happy with the squad.

"We've got four central defenders, we've got four good strikers, we're strong in all positions really.

"We've got a couple of players on loan that we could bring back so we're not really in the market for players."

Striker speculation

Speculation has surrounded Spurs striker Roman Pavlyuchenko after the Russian forward admitted he is keen to move away from the club as soon as possible.

Pavlyuchenko has played just six times for Tottenham so far this term and is reportedly deeply unhappy at White Hart Lane.

However, while Redknapp revealed that the club have met with the player's representatives regarding a move, he said that he would be reluctant to sell him.

"Well I think Pav, I think his people have come over from Russia to meet with the chairman and discuss the possibility of him moving," he added

"But we're not keen to sell him. He's here and we need all our good players around us.

"We've got a tough second half of the season, into the New Year, five games coming up before the 1st January as well.

"So we need everyone available and he's a quality player. We've got him, we've got Crouchy (Peter), we've got Robbie (Keane) and we've got Jermain Defoe - we're very fortunate to have four good strikers."

Link Here

Either the good old COYS ITKers are talking shit as per usual or he's being brought in behind the melted back or 'Arry is lying.

Link Here

Either the good old COYS ITKers are talking shit as per usual or he's being brought in behind the melted back or 'Arry is lying.

It's just PR stuff. If Redknapp comes out and says he's looking to spend £20m to buy two or three players, then clubs can raise their asking price for players as they know that Spurs have cash to spend.

Whereas, if they say there's not much cash to spend and offer, say £5m for a player, the other club aren't as likely to think, "Hm, we could probably squeeze another couple of million out of this sale, Spurs are good for it."

Besides, I'm sure you know by now to take everything Redknapp says in the press with a very large pinch of salt.

Another midfielder, seems you want quite a few, be interesting to see what happens to Jenas and more interestingly (at least to me) Huddlestone.

Who owns this Sandro fella? Rumor is hes part owned by his agent......

Link Here

It's just PR stuff. If Redknapp comes out and says he's looking to spend £20m to buy two or three players, then clubs can raise their asking price for players as they know that Spurs have cash to spend.

Whereas, if they say there's not much cash to spend and offer, say £5m for a player, the other club aren't as likely to think, "Hm, we could probably squeeze another couple of million out of this sale, Spurs are good for it."

Besides, I'm sure you know by now to take everything Redknapp says in the press with a very large pinch of salt.

Yeah the "'Arry is lying" option does seem the obvious choice but why would he say he's bringing nobody in if a deal has already been reached?

He's just marking himself out as a liar.

Another midfielder, seems you want quite a few, be interesting to see what happens to Jenas and more interestingly (at least to me) Huddlestone.

Who owns this Sandro fella? Rumor is hes part owned by his agent......

We only really have three central midfielders in the first team squad in Palacios, Jenas and Huddlestone. And our central midfield options at the moment are Palacios + Jenas or Huddlestone. Sandro is supposedly going to be cover for and compete with Palacios, who's been looking off his peak for a fair while now.

As for his current ownership, I seem to remember hearing he's owned 70% by Internacional and 30% by his agent. But Levy's no idiot and especially after the shit storm with Tevez and Mascherano at West Ham, he won't sanction the deal unless Spurs take complete ownership of the player.

Yes Simplyspurfect has lowered the tone with his common sense and reasoned words, damn you simplyspurfect!!!!

;)

It's a welcome change of pace, Spurs fans on this forum talking sense and not delivering posts that constantly read like something out of tribal football or one of those other horrendous transfer obsessed sites.

Don't worru chaps,

January is almost upon us and Rentaquote will be bigging up his interest and tapping players up enough to get the thread title back on line.

Aye. Plus if I ever what to know what players we are bidding for 'Arry tells us even before our own club does. He's good like that.

Link Here

Yeah the "'Arry is lying" option does seem the obvious choice but why would he say he's bringing nobody in if a deal has already been reached?

He's just marking himself out as a liar.

It doesn't make sense to me. If reports are to be believed then the Sandro deal is already completed, and has been all but done for a couple of months. I don't know if maybe Redknapp was worried about another club making a late bid for the player, forcing him to raise his offer, but either way, if the deal is done, he may as well have said the deal is done.

Sandro will be the next Lucas.

Have you seen him play? Or is that just an assumption based on the fact that they're both young Brazillian central midfielders?

I've not actually seen him play so I can't give an opinion yet, though many reports of him have been positive.

He may well be the next Lucas. Or he could be the next Dunga. At this moment in time, I have no idea what he's gonna be, or if he's even able to adapt to England enough to even get into the first team.

However, he's a tough tackling defensive midfielder, so he shouldn't have as tough a time adapting to the English game as many other South American players seem to do.

I take it this Sandro has a Portuguese passport? As he certainly doesn't meet the caps requirement

His surname is Ranieri, so possibly one of his parents is of Italian descent.

Reading on Wikipedia, this caught my eye.

"Sandro is a favourite with the fans at Internacional, who regularly sing a song to him - "Sandro scores the goals, Sandro scores the goals, Sandro scores the goals, so we will give him a cow, and he will milk it" - a reference to Sandro's agricultural upbringing."

Quite possibly the greatest football chant I've ever heard.

I take it this Sandro has a Portuguese passport? As he certainly doesn't meet the caps requirement

His surname is Ranieri, so possibly one of his parents is of Italian descent.

Reading on Wikipedia, this caught my eye.

"Sandro is a favourite with the fans at Internacional, who regularly sing a song to him - "Sandro scores the goals, Sandro scores the goals, Sandro scores the goals, so we will give him a cow, and he will milk it" - a reference to Sandro's agricultural upbringing."

Quite possibly the greatest football chant I've ever heard.

I want us to sign him purely so we can sing that

Harry said yesterday Spurs werent having a Christmas party this year.

I suppose he didnt notice all his players in Dublin on Wednesday night. Must mean he has no control over dressing room if he didnt know this

Harry said yesterday Spurs werent having a Christmas party this year.

I suppose he didnt notice all his players in Dublin on Wednesday night. Must mean he has no control over dressing room if he didnt know this

Its Spurs, they would have been having a Hanukkah party.

Â