Crap food that you absolutely love to eat

trimandson

Anyone like faggots? My nan has a secret recipe, it is delicious, but I have the feeling that it has some 'old school' cuts in it.

I've got an old traditional Black Country recipe for faggots and one of the ingredients is lights. Eating them doesn't bother me in a dish like that. I've tried brains once but I thought it was **** horrible.

Talking about Bourdain, I saw that one with the snake heart. I could never eat snake. Or the other thing - balut, I think it's called - that he had in Asia. I encountered it in the Philippines. Fertilised egg - duck or pigeon - and the damn embryo is very well developed. I cannot imagine much that disgusts me more. Except maybe rat tartar. Actually, I've just thought of something even more disgusting. Rat tartar using balut as the raw egg.

Some "crap" food I ate there was wondrous - suckling pig cheeks. The cheek skin crackling was as good as any I've ever eaten and the gelatinous meat was sweet. Gave the server a bit of puzzle when he asked me which bit I wanted and I said, "It's face".

One tip for a street food snack in Asia: locusts. Crunchy and taste like brown crab meat. The stall was selling some other bugs as well but they looked like cockroaches! I'll see if I can find a pic and post it.

The bugs I didn't fancy. Locusty/crickety things on the left and in the bag at the top.

th_96510_bugs001_122_231lo.jpg

Edit: Click the link for a decent size image and you can savour the delicious, shiny, roachy greeness!

Edited by privateer

The bugs I didn't fancy. Locusty/crickety things on the left and in the bag at the top.

Edit: Click the link for a decent size image and you can savour the delicious, shiny, roachy greeness!

I tried both, the "other" things were a bit weird, bit of yellow puss kind of substance in (not a great deal) then the rest was just really crispy

Edited by mikeyp102

I tried both, the "other" things were a bit weird, bit of yellow puss kind of substance in (not a great deal) then the rest was just really crispy

Some Thai street food here

IMG_0281_zps5d488873.jpg

IMG_0053_zpsce80847a.jpg

So that is literally all it is? There's no nachos or anythinghidden under there?

seems weird.

Deliciously weird, but still weird.

Althoguh if those are Spring onions, I'd pass

Edited by Stevo985

So that is literally all it is? There's no nachos or anythinghidden under there?

seems weird.

Deliciously weird, but still weird.

Althoguh if those are Spring onions, I'd pass

The spring onions don't penetrate the shell of cheese, you just brush them off. The home made ranch dressing for dipping is divine as well. 

Nope, Spring onions (or any raw onions) automatically render stuff inedible (for me)

Onions are awful, and it pisses me off that they're in SO many things.

Â