Crap food that you absolutely love to eat

trimandson

It's not a cheesesteak unless it has Cheez Wiz.

I had to look that up.  What I found was

The bright yellow,[1] viscous paste usually comes in a glass jar and is used as a topping for cheesesteaks, corn chips, hot dogs and other foods. It is marketed in Canada, Mexico, the Philippines, the United States and Venezuela.

Cheez Whiz is one of a number of "processed cheese foods", a category including some types of individually wrapped cheese slices. These products contain regular cheese that has been reprocessed along with additional ingredients such as emulsifiers and stabilizing agents, such as xanthan gum or carrageenan. These products derive their tanginess and flavor from additional ingredients such as citric acid and flavoring compounds. Annatto is used for coloring.

Eeurrrgh

>The bright yellow,[1] viscous paste usually comes in a glass jar and is used as a topping for cheesesteaks, corn chips, hot dogs and other foods. It is marketed in Canada, Mexico, the Philippines, the United States and Venezuela.

Cheez Whiz is one of a number of "processed cheese foods", a category including some types of individually wrapped cheese slices. These products contain regular cheese that has been reprocessed along with additional ingredients such as emulsifiers and stabilizing agents, such as xanthan gum or carrageenan. These products derive their tanginess and flavor from additional ingredients such as citric acid and flavoring compounds. Annatto is used for coloring.

Eeurrrgh

I know this is going to sound horrible but that fake processed cheese is delicious! I mentioned a long time ago in this thread..."cheese in a can" I know I know it sounds terrible. But I promise you it is wonderful!!!! Ask Brumerican. I got him to fall for it. 

• Like 1

I see.  So it's like a doner kebab without the interesting bits, on bread instead of pitta, and with some slimy rapidly congealing fatty substance laced with additives and colouring.

You'd have to be well pissed to inflict that on yourself.

• Like 1

tbf, the Cheez Whiz is largely a South Philadelphia thing (my family connections with Philadelphia are via Northwest Philadelphia... I don't think Dalessandros even offers Cheez Whiz, just American and Provolone (the latter being canonical)).

20110801-dalessandros-steaks-cheesesteak

I do suppose there's a primal human urge for sliced meat of dubious provenance on bread.

>The bright yellow,[1] viscous paste usually comes in a glass jar and is used as a topping for cheesesteaks, corn chips, hot dogs and other foods. It is marketed in Canada, Mexico, the Philippines, the United States and Venezuela.

Cheez Whiz is one of a number of "processed cheese foods", a category including some types of individually wrapped cheese slices. These products contain regular cheese that has been reprocessed along with additional ingredients such as emulsifiers and stabilizing agents, such as xanthan gum or carrageenan. These products derive their tanginess and flavor from additional ingredients such as citric acid and flavoring compounds. Annatto is used for col

oring.

Eeurrrgh

I know this is going to sound horrible but that fake processed cheese is delicious! I mentioned a long time ago in this thread..."cheese in a can" I know I know it sounds terrible. But I promise you it is wonderful!!!! Ask Brumerican. I got him to fall for it. 

• Like 1

I do suppose there's a primal human urge for sliced meat of dubious provenance on bread.

Yes, and a sandwich of meat and melted cheese can be great.

Split some focaccia or proper French baguette, lay one side with sliced chorizo and the other with mozzarella, pop under the grill for a couple of minutes, and sandwich together, maybe with some basil leaves added.

So much nicer than grey mince coated with some fluorescent, humming substance extruded from pipes in a belching factory.

And probably half the price.

I think I'm going to die soon. A combination of being too lazy to go to the shops and a rather bare cupboards led me to put together the tastiest of lunches at the weekend. Flour tortilla wrap containing seasoned curly fries, chorizo sausage and a big whack of ham and cheese omelette, with a good portion of tommy k. Even the missus wants me to make them again.

I think I'm going to die soon. A combination of being too lazy to go to the shops and a rather bare cupboards led me to put together the tastiest of lunches at the weekend. Flour tortilla wrap containing seasoned curly fries, chorizo sausage and a big whack of ham and cheese omelette, with a good portion of tommy k. Even the missus wants me to make them again.

:lol:

That sounds appalling. Those items should never be seen in the same place together.

Broke down and had a half portion of my version of the deliciousness that is a philly cheesesteak! And Levi, everywhere I've ever been to get one here in Florida does offer cheez whiz. I get in trouble by the makers half the time because I want provolone instead of it. When I went to Pats and Ginos in Philadelphia I, a. preferred Pats. And b. Was asked what cheese I wanted as a sort of trap. They alllllllllllll gave me grief for wanting anything other than cheez whiz. It was my favorite moment of Philadelphia. 

Edited by ME

:lol:

That sounds appalling. Those items should never be seen in the same place together.

Ah, the rational voice of a reasoned individual. Truly, I'd have said the same until a few days ago. :)

Quick trip to urban dictionary. Ah yes, tommy k :suspect:

Odd. Urban dictionary gave me this definition:

"A person who frequently masturbates to give themself blue balls just so they can get oral from a girl."

Although I can safely say this definition is in no way relevant to my earlier post about what I was eating at the weekend.

Odd. Urban dictionary gave me this definition:

"A person who frequently masturbates to give themself blue balls just so they can get oral from a girl."

Um, no? :)

Odd. Urban dictionary gave me this definition:"A person who frequently masturbates to give themself blue balls just so they can get oral from a girl."
Um, no? :)

Yup. Option 4 at the bottom of the page. :)

Hmmm. Aaaaaaanyhoo. I now know what you put in yer wrap. Everything tastes better with ketchup.

Ketchup is my nemesis . I won't even wash somebody elses plate up if there is ketchup on it . Just the sight of it leaves me cold .

I'll happily eat tinned tomatoes , puree , marinara sauce etc but I just can't abide ketchup .

Â