Lets all admire Newcastle

kiddybloke

Surely the likes of Bullard and Keane are the exact opposite of players you should be looking at, massive wages for both, one injured every 2nd game, the other potentially going downhill fast.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely the likes of Bullard and Keane are the exact opposite of players you should be looking at, massive wages for both, one injured every 2nd game, the other potentially going downhill fast.

You do realise that with those facts highlighted, both players would be quintessential Newcastle United signings?

(Unless the relegation has finally taught them that not every new player has to be a big name and not every new manager has to be a born or adopted Geordie.)

You do realise that with those facts highlighted, both players would be quintessential Newcastle United signings? Unless the relegation has finally taught them that not every new player has to be a big name and not every new manager has to be a born or adopted Geordie.

I know, :D I thought the fans, if not the management, would have learned some lessons.

Having been the side to put you down I just know we are going to get you away first game of the season.

Spot on Trent, although for any promoted team their first home match is likely to be tough on the visitors. Didn't we get Stoke when they first came up? Why can't Manure or Chelshit get these games?

Sod's law we'll get the Barcodes and a batttering.

Enrique is without a shadow of a doubt our best player by an absolute street and he missed a fair bit of the relegation season through injury so no blame can be attached there. Hes possibly the only player who could potentially shine in the premier league for us assuming Joey Barton never regains the form he once showed at Man City.

I'd go as far as to say he is probably or at least possibly the best player in the Championship this year but as many have players have shown in the past the step up is huge. We will have to wait and see how he does and also who lines alongside him in your defence (so often a source of amusement down the years) and who is front of him on the left which will also be key.

I do though seem to recall him having some shocking games in his early days in the Premier League. As for Joey Barton you should pay off his contract and remove that stain from the name of your club, he will never be the player he was or the player he could and should have been and he will always always let you down sooner or later.

Not a massive fan of Carroll and as you say he should be in jail i've heard the full story from the best mate of the lad he hit with the glass.

Hence why i'd look at Carlton Cole should Roast Ham go down.

After that i'd be looking at the likes of Robbie Keane who you'd imagine will be available in the summer.

Yep Carroll sounds like a scum bag you should cash in on him while his stock is high this summer.

Cole would be a good signing although I think you would have some competition on that one. As for Keane he is past it mate and would be Viduka mark two for you.

Having been the side to put you down I just know we are going to get you away first game of the season.

Spot on Trent, although for any promoted team their first home match is likely to be tough on the visitors. Didn't we get Stoke when they first came up? Why can't Manure or Chelshit get these games?

Didn't Manyoo get the PL opener at Turf Moor?

You could be right but I've seen quite a bit of Celtic this year (little bit of a passing interest in that my next door neigbours a season ticket holder up there and i've been to the odd game with him). I'd take a chance on Robbie Keane he still knows where the goal is and no doubt a better option than Shola as for Leon Best the least said about him the better.

I like Carlton Cole mind, think he'll come good the next season or so.

What do the Newcastle fans think of James Milner? As i do remember when we signed him a few fans came on here to laugh at the fee.

As for Leon Best, the guys a muppett, I live in Coventry and seriously the guy thought he was Lewis Hamilton on the roads and even i had a better car than him but reckon he'll have improved his Car with the wages he's receiving up there. Also what about Routledge, is he a Championship player or do you think he'll step up? Glad your up in a way, least when i get to St James Park i'll make a night of it unless Sky **** up the dates.

I`m pleased Newcastle are back, big club, large support. Also good to see WMNG back, hes always a sensible poster & gives us a realistic insight from a Toon perspective.

Villa v Newcastle sure whets the appitite better than Burnley/Wigan/Bolton/Hull

Although some of Ashleys antics were amusing I didnt share the majority on this sites hilarity at their demise, as I`m old enough to remember our demise years ago & as for their deluded fans.....

I`m sure other clubs supporters see us as deluded too

Definitely take Beye back think I may have mentioned it yesterday. He didn’t put a foot wrong for us despite playing in a shakey at best back line. Had the animal that is Cattermole not put him out for the last 3 months of the season i'm in no doubt we wouldn’t have went down in the first place. Remember him keeping Ronaldo in his back pocket when we drew at Old Trafford and was equally as brilliant in our 0-0 draw away to Chelsea in the relegation season. Very surprised it didn’t work out for him at Villa.

I was over the moon with the money we got for Milner as he lacked any sort of end product at Newcastle I know when you took him on loan he was brilliant for you but even when he came back he was half the player for us. Obviously just never settled in Newcastle or needed a new challenge. Having said that Keegan rated him and as it turns out the sale of Jimmy was the reason he left and again had King Kev stopped I believe we'd have finished mid-table that season.

The Daily Mash says...

NEWCASTLE FANS TO RESUME INEXPLICABLE SELF-CONFIDENCE

NEWCASTLE United fans resumed their adorable self-confidence last night by insisting their team was on course to win the Premier League next year without conceding a single goal.

The Magpies clinched promotion yesterday after the rest of the Championship allowed them to be promoted just to see how funny it will be when they go straight back down.

Nottingham Forest manager, Billy Davies, said: "We had a meeting last August and agreed it was worth sacrificing a promotion spot just to see the looks on their fat little faces when they lose 7-0 at home to Birmingham."

But Wayne Hayes, secretary of the Newcastle United Supporter’s Club, said: "It's been a long hard year of not being able to make ridiculously confident predictions based on nothing.

"But that's the price you pay when you give your heart and soul to the biggest and most successful football club that's ever existed."

He added: "I've told my local tattooist to order in a big bucket of black ink so I can have 'Champions Of Europe 2011' etched into my stomach next week."

Meanwhile owner Mike Ashley has thanked manager Chris Houghton for winning promotion by immediately firing him and scouting for a household name who will be utterly useless.

Ashley said: "We're already in talks with Cheryl Cole's people and I've asked that actor who played Brian Clough to be her assistant."

He added: "Wait a minute - what about Nelson Mandela?"

Not really bothered with them coming back up, them going down last season was the biggest football laugh I've had for ages so not going to bother laughing at Newcastle anymore as they've suffered enough.

I actually think they'll stay up reasonably comfortably but they're a long way off challenging for top 8.

Â