Lets all admire Newcastle

kiddybloke

Mike Ashley is clueless! Such an idiot...

NOT for trying to get DOL..because I do think he could do a really good job there and he also did a good job at Villa no matter what people say today. Many of the DOL criticism comes from people who werent that hard on judging him when Villa were going good in the Premier League. He also had to deal with one of the worst chairmans and owners in the whole history of English football. People forget that...

Both DOL and Gregory deserves a lot more credit than they get....

DOL is a pixie nosed arrogant rocket polisher

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOT for trying to get DOL..because I do think he could do a really good job there and he also did a good job at Villa no matter what people say today. Many of the DOL criticism comes from people who werent that hard on judging him when Villa were going good in the Premier League. He also had to deal with one of the worst chairmans and owners in the whole history of English football. People forget that...

Do you know him in person?

Is that managerial preferences or what?

The one who are blameless and flawless throws the first stone... :lol:

I bet some people can say a thing or two about you thats not so uplifting..does that make you worse at your trade/working skills?

Do you know him in person?

Is that managerial preferences or what?

The one who are blameless and flawless throws the first stone... :lol:

I bet some people can say a thing or two about you thats not so uplifting..does that make you worse at your trade/working skills?

He is in the public eye

It's all about personal opinions you have yours and I have mine.

I have met him a few times and I have also heard a lot of tripe come out of his mouth.

By the way I didn't say it affected his working skills did I? That is obviously you jumping to conclusions.

DOL burnt his bridges with the Villa fans when he called us fickle.

Remember the banner: "We're not fickle Mr O'Leary, we just don't like you."

I remember that well. However...that doesnt make him a shitty manager. People judge him by the way they like him as a person or not..just as they do with Redknapp. Still..they are both pretty successful managers..or was (DOL).

DOL burnt his bridges with the Villa fans when he called us fickle.

Remember the banner: "We're not fickle Mr O'Leary, we just don't like you."

I remember that well. However...that doesnt make him a shitty manager. People judge him by the way they like him as a person or not..just as they do with Redknapp. Still..they are both pretty successful managers..or was (DOL).

I think people are more than capable of making the distinction between man and manager and I think you are being a little hasty to suggest otherwise.

For instance I can't stand Redknapp as a person however I have never ever questioned his ability as a manager, O'Leary on the other had I can't stand as a person and I do not rate as a manager.

I sort of agree Trent but for me it shows an inherent personality trait that very much affects his ability as a manager because it hinders his requirement to get loyalty from those that he manages.

I sort of agree Trent but for me it shows an inherent personality trait that very much affects his ability as a manager because it hinders his requirement to get loyalty from those that he manages.

Oh I totally agree with you there Richard. Personality traits certainly make or break managers, for instance Hoddle's arrogance stopped him being a very good manager in my opinion and in O'Leary's case you are spot on.

My point was more that people are capable of making assesments on managers abilities independant to their opinions of them as people even though at times the two things are intrinsically linked.

I agree. My stance is similar to yours

Redknapp = Total tospot who left Borunemouth in the financial shit, similar at Wet Spam and also at Pompey (lets hope he continues in same vein at Spuds) But not a bad manager presumably because his personality appeals to players and encourages a degree of loyalty

Oleary = Total tosspot with no redeeming features at all who is also a crap manager because of this

Agree with both of you on DOL. As for Redknapp, while I don't think he's a bad manager, he' spent alot of money wherever he's been - he even managed to spend money at Saints when they had none! - it's not like he's ever really done much on a small budget, I bet he's spent over £50m at Spurs and he's only been there 6 months. I think if he was to be at a club where he had to sell to buy or work on a very tight budget - which will never happen as he has a tendancy to leave clubs when they're skint - I think he'd struggle.

Redknapp = not a bad manager presumably because his personality appeals to players
Sorry?

I'm having a bit of trouble with that sentence - could you run it by me again? His what? :lol:

Duff off to Fulham, Jonas and Coloccinni linked with moves away this week too. Oh and Steven Taylor has been linked to Everton as well.

But no replacements on the horizon - their first team will be their youth team if they don't do something about this soon!

Just been having a look at their 'squad' on their official site (its looking very thin) anyway I was curious what the player profile for Joey Barton would say and I promise you this is genuine;

Joey Barton was Sam Allardyce's second signing as manager of Newcastle United on 14 June 2007 when the Huyton-born schemer put pen to paper on a five-year-deal at St. James' Park, joining for a fee of £5.8m from Manchester City.

Joey, an attack-minded combative midfielder who made his full England debut last season against Spain, is a product of City's Academy.

How apt :)

• 2 months later...

At least it seems that the relegation has aided the cause of science

Magpies feel grief and even hold funeral-type gatherings for their fallen friends and lay grass "wreaths" beside their bodies, an animal behaviour expert has claimed.

Dr Bekoff, of the University of Colorado, said these rituals prove that magpies, usually seen as an aggressive predator, also have a compassionate side.

The discovery raises the debate about whether emotions are solely a human trait or whether they can be found in all animals.

Previous studies have suggested that gorillas also mourn their dead while rats have empathy and cats form friendships.

Dr Bekoff said he studied four magpies alongside a magpie corpse and recorded their behaviour.

"One approached the corpse, gently pecked at it, just as an elephant would nose the carcase of another elephant, and stepped back. Another magpie did the same thing, " he said.

"Next, one of the magpies flew off, brought back some grass and laid it by the corpse. Another magpie did the same. Then all four stood vigil for a few seconds and one by one flew off."

After publishing an account of the funeral he received emails from people who had seen the same ritual in magpies, ravens and crows.

"We can't know what they were actually thinking or feeling, but reading their action there's no reason not to believe these birds were saying a magpie farewell to their friend," he wrote in the journal Emotion, Space and Society.

Those who see emotions in animals have been accused of anthropomorphism – the attribution of human characteristics to animals.

However, Dr Bekoff said emotions evolved in humans and animals because they improve the chances of survival.

"It's bad biology to argue against the existence of animal emotions," he said.

He also claims to have seen emotions in elephants. While watching a herd in Kenya he noticed an injured cow elephant who was only able to walk slowly.

"Despite her disability the rest of the herd walked for a while, stopped to look around and then waited for her to catch up.

"The only obvious conclusion we could see is the other elephants cared and so they adjusted their behaviour," said Dr Bekoff.

Â