2009 UEFA Champions League Final Thread

stretford420

Who will be the Champions of Europe?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the Champions of Europe?

• FC Barcelona
    • Manchester United FC

Well done to Barca, totally deserved (even if they shouldn't have been there).

Why shouldnt they have been there?

The SF at The Bridge was bordering on a fix, I don't think even Liverpool have had a game go that ridiculously one-sided in terms of reffing decisions.

I don't think they should have been in the final, but they deserved the final win without question.

I was hoping you would say that. Just so I could do this:

thierry-henry-001.jpg

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

This is my argument two. Chelsea should have had probably one penalty at the Bridge. So Chelsea win that 2-1. But Barca should have had a penalty at the Nou Camp. So Barca win that 1-0. Final result - 2-2 with Barca winning on away goals.

So, Ronaldo vs Messi and the best player on the park was Iniesta.

Xavi, easily. Iniesta is a great player but he didn't really do anything special in this match.

Did you watch the game? Perhaps you have just got the players mixed up.

Did YOU watch the game?

What the hell lads? Iniesta and Xavi were BOTH outstanding.

Messi was outstanding. Eto'o and Puyol were great. The rest were very good.

Simply fantastic. How is their any argument in this thread at all?

Barcelona were so much better it was shocking.

Ronaldo and Rooney, 2 superstars, anonymous, give or take a couple of moments.

This was an absolute annihilation,without the scoreline really reflecting that.

The pass and move of Barcelona destroyed United. The dribbling and ball carrying of Iniesta and Messi was brilliant.

Maybe Fletcher could have been the difference but we'll never know.

United had no destroyer in the team and Giggs doesn't have the legs to really do anything anymore.

I couldn't see the first half but if it was anything like the second half, Barca thoroughly deserved to win and were quite magnificent.

Very happy right now.

MOTM for United? Hateful bastard I know, but I'm inclined to say Ronaldo. And by some margin.
Van der Saar by miles. Kept it from being a cricket score.

i spent all day at work saying "depends how fit iniesta is" he was a world apart, we always say about gerrard and lampard powerful and explosive in the prem, he was just quiet and effiecient and simply amazing, 2nd best player IMO was puyol, kept evra pinned back and defended well (despite the diving at the end)

on a footnote - do you think fabregas was bitter tonight? for me he based his move to arsenal around iniesta's lack of progress at the club, now tonight he has seen his former youth teamate take a huge leap into being world player of the year (which he deserved a nod last year) and the pretty weak (in comparison) busquets get a CL winners medal

I always want to see a game that ends up as a cricket score. It would be interesting.

Barcelona 178/3 - 0 Manchester United.

How would you explain that to the grandkids?

I cant remember seeing man u so poor in a game..they looked good until barca scored then they just fell apart..it was almost like watching newcastle..ronaldo was the only one trying..and pig face scholes should had been sent off for that tackle.

The best footballing side in the world won and iam happy with that.

I thought United were very sporting in the end.

The game as a whole reminded me of the 2007 final when the game passed Liverpool by, same for United tonight. Only one team in it in the end.

I cant remember seeing man u so poor in a game..they looked good until barca scored then they just fell apart..it was almost like watching newcastle..ronaldo was the only one trying..and pig face scholes should had been sent off for that tackle.

i agree with that, not at any point did utd look like they were playing for something, ven with all the attacking players the kitchen sink never came, same as sunday

i agree with that, not at any point did utd look like they were playing for something, ven with all the attacking players the kitchen sink never came, same as sunday

The difference being that Newcastle were just that shit and Barca are just that good. Man U did nothing because Barca dominated the ball and cut right through them time after time.

The SF at The Bridge was bordering on a fix, I don't think even Liverpool have had a game go that ridiculously one-sided in terms of reffing decisions.

I don't think they should have been in the final, but they deserved the final win without question.

I do think they deserved to be in the final when looking at the way they play football. Although some of the decisions made against Chelsea were awful. Yet Barca should have had a penalty in the first leg. It swings in roundabouts although I do see what you are saying.

At least Barca haven't had a rich sugar daddy take over and turn them from a non-existant club into league challengers (like Chelski). Fair play to Barca on the night as I think they have been the best team in Europe all season. They could only play what was put infront of them and they could only accept the decisions made by the refs.

Barca should have had a peno i the first leg, I agree. But it doesn't really matter when you probably need to use 2 hands to count the amount of penalties Chelsea should have had!

I think that's a bit harsh on Chelsea. Barca have a tonne of money and always have, just because they've been a richer club longer than Chelsea doesn't mean they haven't bought their way into the Champions League, they have, same as most top clubs.

Watching Barca today, they seem unbeatable. On the ball it's clear to see how good they are, but it's off the ball that's amazing. Everytime United got the ball, they just chased it and gave no relent until they won it back, amazing stuff. What a year for Xavi and Iniesta.

but other than ronaldo in the corner on puyol can you even think of a bad tackle out of frustration? (im putting the scholes one donw to him being paul scholes!)

champions of england and europe and a very very good team, yet never recovered from a goal in the 10th minute, im close to saying utd were as poor as barca were good

Barca dominated after a stuttered start. They were fantastic, Played the football that they do so well, made it look easy, and totally outclassed Utd, just as I expected them to do.

They won me $20 and let me keep my full head of hair. Visca Barca!

Â