2009 UEFA Champions League Final Thread

stretford420

Who will be the Champions of Europe?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the Champions of Europe?

• FC Barcelona
    • Manchester United FC

So, Ronaldo vs Messi and the best player on the park was Iniesta.

Xavi, easily. Iniesta is a great player but he didn't really do anything special in this match.

Barca absolutely dominated manu all over the pitch. I enjoyed are resident manure fan who said that europe was going to enjoy watching the world class talent such as giggs and carrick..... if they had played maybe things would have been different?

Absolutely schooled.

Xavi, easily. Iniesta is a great player but he didn't really do anything special in this match.

I thought Iniesta's energy and the threat he posed allowed Xavi the space he needs. His balance and agility look like they've been CGIed.

Did you watch the game? Perhaps you have just got the players mixed up.

I don't think Iniesta has played on a losing team for barca in domestic football or chumps league, and he hasn't lost for spain. So over a year without being on the losing team [stands by to be corrected]

Barcelona were awesome tonight - fully deserved - fair play to Fergie n Rio, both admitted they were beaten by the better team

yeah, I was impressed to hear them both hold their hands up and admit that. Rightly so though, Barca were a cut above.

Well done to Barca, totally deserved (even if they shouldn't have been there).

Why shouldnt they have been there?

The SF at The Bridge was bordering on a fix, I don't think even Liverpool have had a game go that ridiculously one-sided in terms of reffing decisions.

I don't think they should have been in the final, but they deserved the final win without question.

The SF at The Bridge was bordering on a fix, I don't think even Liverpool have had a game go that ridiculously one-sided in terms of reffing decisions.

I don't think they should have been in the final, but they deserved the final win without question.

Can't argue with that

I agree. Iniesta has been in many ways Barça's Player of the Season. But he can play so much better than tonight. Ge's so often the target for crude challenges and tonight coming back from injury I felt he was feeling his way a little bit. And diving a wee bit too. Whereas Xavi's passing tonight was superb.

I was hoping you would say that. Just so I could do this:

thierry-henry-001.jpg

I was surprised at how poor Man Utd were to be honest. Gave away possession, aimless crossfield balls, poor from set pieces.

Barca deserved the win.

I thought Iniesta's energy and the threat he posed allowed Xavi the space he needs. His balance and agility look like they've been CGIed.

Iniesta didn't put a foot wrong today and did all the small things perfectly. However you can say the same about Xavi, and he set up Messi with an inch perfect cross, hit a great freekick against the post and played a couple of excellent long passes and pretty much every Barca attacking move started through him.

As for allowing space, all Barca attacking players provided threat and all of them had some space to do stuff at one point or the other, but Xavi used it the best.

I do think they deserved to be in the final when looking at the way they play football. Although some of the decisions made against Chelsea were awful. Yet Barca should have had a penalty in the first leg. It swings in roundabouts although I do see what you are saying.

At least Barca haven't had a rich sugar daddy take over and turn them from a non-existant club into league challengers (like Chelski). Fair play to Barca on the night as I think they have been the best team in Europe all season. They could only play what was put infront of them and they could only accept the decisions made by the refs.

Did you watch the game? Perhaps you have just got the players mixed up.

Did YOU watch the game?

Fergie got his tactics wrong.

Yes he did, though it started out well.

Players let him down, but he couldn't adjust. Despite being the best manager in the history of the world, ever.

The end looked desperate - throw on all the attacking players you have, and hope for the best.

But despite having a team worth the GDP of Malawi, they got stuffed.

Really glad to see them humbled like this. Arrogant, droning gits when they're winning, petulant, fouling gits when they lose. And the supporters are worse.

Â