2009 UEFA Champions League Final Thread

stretford420

Who will be the Champions of Europe?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the Champions of Europe?

• FC Barcelona
    • Manchester United FC

Was surprised to find out that Barca don't have a shirt sponsor, and that they actualy give money to UNICEF. Is there no profit in that at all for them then?

Gee, imagine a club doing that.

Was surprised to find out that Barca don't have a shirt sponsor, and that they actualy give money to UNICEF. Is there no profit in that at all for them then?

Nope, as far as I am aware they don't make any money at all out of their relationship with UNICEF which is the way it should be. They deserve a lot of credit for that, although the club is financially stable enough to be able to afford to do it.

Incidentally, Manchester United are a partner of Unicef and have made large financial contributions to the charity, but I haven't really heard the club publicising it very much recently. I remember they touted it massively in 2000 when some of the players did a charity trip to Africa to help proactively over there.

Incidentally, Manchester United are a partner of Unicef and have made large financial contributions to the charity, but I haven't really heard the club publicising it very much recently. I remember they touted it massively in 2000 when some of the players did a charity trip to Africa to help proactively over there.

Best charity night

£65k: Amount raised by Man United's squad at their annual United for Unicef black-tie gala dinner in November. All the money went to Unicef's Children and Aids campaign to make a "long-term difference" to kids hit by poverty.

4: number of hours it takes United to spend £65,000 on wages.

Â