2009 UEFA Champions League Final Thread

stretford420

Who will be the Champions of Europe?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the Champions of Europe?

• FC Barcelona
    • Manchester United FC

The 54th Annual UEFA Champions League Final - Roma 2009

Olympic Stadium, Rome

Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 20:45 CET

FC Barcelona (ESP) vs Manchester United FC (ENG)

Ineligible Players: Eric ABIDAL, Daniel ALVÉS (FC Barcelona); Darren FLETCHER (Manchester United FC)

Referee: Massimo BUSSACA (SUI)

So ... who do you think will win this seasons Champions League, and who do you want to win? Feel free to discuss anything Champions League related here! :D

Two very good teams, with not much to choose between them and I think it'll be down to who's defence holds out!

On the available players for wednesday I reckon ManUre's defence will cope better with Barca's attack than Barca coping with the ManUre attack.

Hate to say it - but ManUre win

Newton Heath will stuff the shit out of them and I'm glad. I'm sick to the back teeth of armchair fans at uni telling me how great Barca are and how they'd walk the PL. I **** watch them and the only reason they score so many is because no good defenders play in the SP! I predict 3-0, 2 from Rooney and one from Park.

I've a feeling that this will be the last final played in Rome for some time.

It'll be interesting to see what sanctions UEFA will take after the inevitable stabbings.

That's a cheery thought isn't it. :lol:

Oh God ... :shock:

Hopefully it'll be a peaceful game, although a lot of Roma fans are a bunch of clearings in the woods. I was at the Roma game in 07 and that was interesting to say the least. :cry:

UEFA can't really do anything unless something takes place inside the stadium, so they'll probably end up sitting idly by ignoring it as usual.

At least the next 3 venues are nice, the Bernabeú, Wembley (well ok not that nice but close), and the Aliens Arena in Munich.

United.

Both sides are great in the middle and up front, the difference is the defense. BUnited are inpenetrable at times, Barca are always likely to conceed, they also have both full-backs suspended for the final which don't help.

United 2-1 Barca.

Are you going Stretford, or will you be spending most of the 90 minutes posting on an Aston Villa forum?

No I'm not going. Unfortunately there were only 19,000 tickets and I havent done any European aways this season due to the credit crunch. :P

I won't be on here though, I'll be paying too much attention to the match.

i'll be sat in a pub in kidderminster surrounded by a ton of lads who've never been further than stoke in their lives, whilst i'll be sat in my retro barca shirt hopefully giving them stick

iniesta is the key IMO, if he's actually fit and plays well then barca will win, if he's not then they wont

Are you going Stretford, or will you be spending most of the 90 minutes posting on an Aston Villa forum?

T'is a bitty harsh no? :D

He's obviously just keen to hear my views on the game. :winkold: :lol::lol::lol:

I might come on in the early hours of Thursday if we win though.

Â