TrentVilla

What do you reckon  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What do you reckon

• I want Barca to do it and I think they will
    • I want Barca to do it but I think Chel$ki will win
    • I want Chel$ki to do it and I think they will
    • I want Chel$ki to do it but I think Barca will win

Great defensive performance from chelsea tonight..

It amazes me what i read on here at times.

Be honest, dont you wish we were as resilient and disciplined to put in a defensive performance like that? for 90+ mins the Nou Camp too?

Yea it isnt always pretty...but if that was Villa tonight we'd all be posting in the reaction thread about a fantastic defensive performance!

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea did what they had to do. Not pretty but it was effective and it was a great defensive display. I think they needed an away goal as I'm not so sure they can keep out Barca in the 2nd leg but they've done enough for now.

Great defensive performance from chelsea tonight..

It amazes me what i read on here at times.

Be honest, dont you wish we were as resilient and disciplined to put in a defensive performance like that? for 90+ mins the Nou Camp too?

Yea it isnt always pretty...but if that was Villa tonight we'd all be posting in the reaction thread about a fantastic defensive performance!

yeah i agree with that, but seeing as i have a soft spot for barca and cant stand chelsea cant help but be disappointed

i just expected that with all the guff in their pre match press, their decent league form and their performances against liverpool chelsea were actually going to go there and play tonight

ive seen nothing tonight to convince me that chelsea are better than barca by any stretch, so when im sat watching another shit manu chelsea final i wont be too happy

Chelsea Man Utd final again then.

I fancy Arsenal actually. They are in much better form than Man U right now.

They haven't got Arshavin though, he's been the focal point of their attack.

Chelsea got it spot on tonight. Can see the 2nd leg being exciting.

What a bore fest that was. Such negative football from Chelsea. I understand they want to keep a clean sheet but going forward they offered nothing. They should have been aiming for an away goal, now they have to prevent barce from scoring again and if they do they need to score twice. iF drogba had scored that would have been robbery.

Thought eto’ and messi were quite poor less night. Also feel Ballack was influencing the German ref with some of his decisions. He should have been sent off. Also feel Barce should have had a penalty.

Chelsea to win at bridge 2-0 and then win the CL league

Dem have you never noticed Ballack before? Its not just German refs that he influences, he is right out of the Lorthar Matthiaus school of ref control just watch any game he plays in and he is always at the ref. He does it in every game in every minute every time a ref blows his whistle he is there at him he is the master of it.

As for the negative football accusation levelled at Chelsea, they are there to get a result first and foremost rather than entertain.

tahts fair enough trent but why did he book yaya toure for doing it once and ballack was doing ite very time and didnt get booked? why wasn't he sent off?

like i said was very negative i think an away goal would have been crucial could cost them now. barce defesnively were poor yesterday they should have taken advantage

Dem have you never noticed Ballack before? Its not just German refs that he influences, he is right out of the Lorthar Matthiaus school of ref control just watch any game he plays in and he is always at the ref. He does it in every game in every minute every time a ref blows his whistle he is there at him he is the master of it.

Every great team has someone like that, we lack that sort of confidence and mental ability to dictate tempos and the style of refereeing

tahts fair enough trent but why did he book yaya toure for doing it once and ballack was doing ite very time and didnt get booked? why wasn't he sent off?

like i said was very negative i think an away goal would have been crucial could cost them now. barce defesnively were poor yesterday they should have taken advantage

Barca will be struggling for centre backs in the return leg so Chelsea might have some opportunities to score goals at home.

Every great team has someone like that, we lack that sort of confidence and mental ability to dictate tempos and the style of refereeing

Totally agree we do and it is one of a number of reasons why I don't rate Barry as a skipper but that is another thread. Dem in answer to your question the reason Ballack didn't get booked or sent off for it is nothing to do with the ref being German it is simply that Ballack is an absolute master at influencing refs which is the point I was trying to make, Toure isn't.

i think it did trent, he was talking to teh ref in German that helped in taht decison

drogba is going o have a field day with no puyol or marquez. who the hell they going to have playing cb? also barce have a game against real madrid this weekend. i think chelsea are going to spank them

i think it did trent, he was talking to teh ref in German that helped in taht decison

Then we will have to agree to disagree Dem but just watch him do it in the 2nd leg no matter where the ref is from.

drogba is going o have a field day with no puyol or marquez. who the hell they going to have playing cb? also barce have a game against real madrid this weekend. i think chelsea are going to spank them

I agree Chelsea will win

Â