TrentVilla

What do you reckon  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What do you reckon

• I want Barca to do it and I think they will
    • I want Barca to do it but I think Chel$ki will win
    • I want Chel$ki to do it and I think they will
    • I want Chel$ki to do it but I think Barca will win

Manchester United will go through now with a win, a draw or a scoring defeat by only one clear goal. I'm delighted.

I think we'll lose 2-1 next week, but we're still going to Rome.

yep, a good result for united last night, and one that sets them up to get through to the final.

could and should have been more emphatic, but IMO it matters not, as UTD are now in pole position.

I can't see you not scoring away at le arse.

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope Barcelona do Chelsea over. Xavi said today that only one team wanted to win that match and he was right. So dull to watch Chelsea on Tuesday, I hope they try and attack on Wednesday, and get hit time and time again on the counter. Which is probably Barca's biggest weapon at Stamford Bridge. But they won't be putting ten men behind the ball and hoofing.

Xavi said today that only one team wanted to win that match and he was right

Can you blame them? Most teams in the Champions League would settle for a draw in the away leg... especially against Barcelona who are so strong at home.

If they had gone to Barcelona trying to win they'd have got battered... as it stands now they will be favourites to progress to the final. Barcelona didn't adapt to Chelsea play quickly enough and were still trying to pass it through them.. which wasn't working due to sheer numbers back, and Barca didn't realise this. Only in the 85th minute did they start putting longer balls into the box and crossing, and they nearly scored 2 as a result, including a real sitter from Bojan.

It wasn't as if Barce were unlucky.. or missed shitloads of chances, or had refereeing decisions go against them.. they were just made to look extremely ordinary and Chelsea deserve full credit for that.

Xavi said today that only one team wanted to win that match and he was right

Can you blame them? Most teams in the Champions League would settle for a draw in the away leg... especially against Barcelona who are so strong at home.

If they had gone to Barcelona trying to win they'd have got battered... as it stands now they will be favourites to progress to the final. Barcelona didn't adapt to Chelsea play quickly enough and were still trying to pass it through them.. which wasn't working due to sheer numbers back, and Barca didn't realise this. Only in the 85th minute did they start putting longer balls into the box and crossing, and they nearly scored 2 as a result, including a real sitter from Bojan.

It wasn't as if Barce were unlucky.. or missed shitloads of chances, or had refereeing decisions go against them.. they were just made to look extremely ordinary and Chelsea deserve full credit for that.

That's all well and good except that Chelsea team was put together for hundreds of millions and were still afraid to attack.

Barca are still favourites, Chelsea have to stop them scoring and try and score themselves.

From here.. (Transfermarkt)

Topping the list is Roman Abramovich’s Chelsea, who are valued at €410.2 million thanks largely to the likes of Didier Drogba, Michael Essien, Frank Lampard and John Terry.

Despite boasting superstars such as Lionel Messi, Samuel Eto’o, Xavi, Andres Iniesta, Dani Alves and Thierry Henry, Barcelona would only rake in €408.5 million to come in at second place.

Less than 2m Euros in it...

Couldn't find costs - but interesting that Chelsea are valued the most in the world...

And how many hundreds of millions did Barca's team cost??

very little from what i can see - theyve gone and brought a lot of those in on the cheap.

The squad cost about €200m to assemble. Thatts about £180m at todays exchange rates, but of course, some players were signed when the exchange rate was far more in favour of the pound so its difficult to put an accurate cost on it.

I dread to think what their wage bill is. I think pretty much every footballer who plays at Champions League level these days gets paid their wages as a net sum, so the club pay the tax (so when income tax went to 50% here in the budget recently, Man City would have had to pay Robinho more money so his take home pay would remain the same.)

Spain have some lax laws on footballers wages though. Foreign players only have to pay something like 12% tax on their salary. Spanish born players would pay a lot more.

very little from what i can see - theyve gone and brought a lot of those in on the cheap.

They are still paying them massive massive wages.

You can't play the money card crying "Chelsea cost more!" when you are paying out huge sums yourself.

They are still paying them massive massive wages.

You can't play the money card crying "Chelsea cost more!" when you are paying out huge sums yourself.

And Chelsea were still afraid, that's what matters.

Half the Barca team were homegrown as well.

Alot of Barcalona's star players were cheap or free - like Messi who they brought over when he was only 11.. But Barcelona have spent alot of money elsewhere.. 16m on Abidal, 15m on Henry...

Most of Chelsea's big spending is actually on players who are no longer at the club. Chelsea spent shitloads of money for the likes of Mutu, Duff, Parker, Wright-Phillips.. who they let go very cheaply shortly after..

Chelsea have certainly wasted the most money - but their current squad cost is probably no more than Man Utd, Liverpool, Madrid...

I've already said twice on this thread why I hope it's a Barcelona v Man Utd final, so I won't repeat myself. I can quite understand why Chelsea went out and defended on Tuesday night, and I'm sure it was all very professional and all that, but don't expect me to enjoy them getting away with it or even bother watching them. I switched on top watch Barça, not that shower of very 'professional' shite.

Quite apart from Alex going round fouling, fouling and fouling, Chelsea for me have the largest number of words removed of the 4 semi-finalists. Notably Cole (A), Terry, Ballack and Drogba.

Xavi's comments echo exactly what I was thinking as I watched the match.

Man Utd to beat Arsenal 3-2 on aggregate, Barcelona through on away goals is my prediction.

I think both will go on away goals.

Arsenal to win 2-1 tonight, Man Utd on away goals.

Chelsea and Barcelona to be 2-2.

Â