TrentVilla

What do you reckon  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What do you reckon

• I want Barca to do it and I think they will
    • I want Barca to do it but I think Chel$ki will win
    • I want Chel$ki to do it and I think they will
    • I want Chel$ki to do it but I think Barca will win

Well, that was a boring match. Barcelona are by far the better team and actually know how to play football. Chelsea just lobbed every player behind the ball and hacked their way to a draw. They got the tactics right on the night I suppose.

Yet what are they going to do at home? Surely they will need to try to play some football. If they do then I can see Barca hammering them. Unless Chelsea go ultra defensive again. Such a shame when the best footballing team (and the better overall team) doesn't beat a team like Chelsea. Hopefully Barca will finish them off in the second leg.

My only fear is that Barca will be missing defenders plus they have to play Real Madrid at the weekend. It will be footballs loss though if Chelsea get to the final. Considering all the money that has been spent on them they still aren't anywhere near being the best in Europe.....

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that was a boring match. Barcelona are by far the better team and actually know how to play football. Chelsea just lobbed every player behind the ball and hacked their way to a draw. They got the tactics right on the night I suppose.

Yet what are they going to do at home? Surely they will need to try to play some football. If they do then I can see Barca hammering them. Unless Chelsea go ultra defensive again. Such a shame when the best footballing team (and the better overall team) doesn't beat a team like Chelsea. Hopefully Barca will finish them off in the second leg.

My only fear is that Barca will be missing defenders plus they have to play Real Madrid at the weekend. It will be footballs loss though if Chelsea get to the final. Considering all the money that has been spent on them they still aren't anywhere near being the best in Europe.....

If Chelsea beat Barcalona next week then they deserve to be in the final. If they play 10 behind the ball and go through on penalties then I would agree with you but I don't think they will be doing that in front of their own fans.

If Chelsea beat Barcalona next week then they deserve to be in the final. If they play 10 behind the ball and go through on penalties then I would agree with you but I don't think they will be doing that in front of their own fans.

I don't think they will do that infront of their own fans either. Which means that if Barca aren't worn out after their game against Real Madrid then they should thump Chelsea. They are by far the superior team.

I can't stand Chelsea at all and would hate for the prawn sandwich brigade to win the CL. In my opinion it would show all that has gone wrong with football in modern times. If they win it then they will effectively have paid for the CL. Call me old fashioned but it just seems like a shame and shows how football has gone downhill.

For that reason I hope Barca roll them over at the Bridge and show them how to play football.

I can’t see them playing Toure at CB when he did such a good job in CM last night. Abidal has played at CB for France and Lyon before so seems the logical one unless they have a player we don’t know about or if Marquez makes a miraculous recovery. Hleb wouldn’t take Toure’s place if it did happen anyway… Keita or Busquets are his replacements for the DM position.

I don't think they will do that infront of their own fans either. Which means that if Barca aren't worn out after their game against Real Madrid then they should thump Chelsea. They are by far the superior team.

I can't stand Chelsea at all and would hate for the prawn sandwich brigade to win the CL. In my opinion it would show all that has gone wrong with football in modern times. If they win it then they will effectively have paid for the CL. Call me old fashioned but it just seems like a shame and shows how football has gone downhill.

For that reason I hope Barca roll them over at the Bridge and show them how to play football.

Barcelona are not a much better team than Chelsea like was shown agaisnt Man Utd last year they had all the possession but couldnt do anything with it. Barcelona have a much stronger attack, Chelsea have a much stronger defense even when missing two first team defenders.

And its not like Barcelona do not spend a huge amount of money on players its not just Chelsea. Barca spent getting on £40-£50m this season, and around £60m the season before that...

Barcelona are not a much better team than Chelsea like was shown agaisnt Man Utd last year they had all the possession but couldnt do anything with it. Barcelona have a much stronger attack, Chelsea have a much stronger defense even when missing two first team defenders.

And its not like Barcelona do not spend a huge amount of money on players its not just Chelsea. Barca spent getting on £40-£50m this season, and around £60m the season before that...

Yes but Barcelone don't have a rich Russian that has suddenly popped out of nowhere and is throwing money at them. They have built their success much like Man Utd. Chelsea were going nowhere until Abramovich showed up. Barcelona had won things in the past whereas Chelsea had won very little. There is a big difference between the two financially. Barcelona have made the money they have spent on players, whereas Chelsea have got it from a rich Russian that wants to use them as a toy. Big difference.....

im not rly interested in tonights game

Firstly, why post then?

Secondly, I am watching now, hoping ofr lots of goals and fighting but can see it being another tactical game..... as I write Tevez should have scored.

I usually love the lots of goals games, but In pure footballing terms, it was just chance after chance after chance, so much great football.

another good save from Almunia, Ronaldo didn't connect with his header properly, great game though, it's what sets English teams away from the European teams at that moment, that extra tempo each team seems to have.

Â