TrentVilla

What do you reckon  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What do you reckon

• I want Barca to do it and I think they will
    • I want Barca to do it but I think Chel$ki will win
    • I want Chel$ki to do it and I think they will
    • I want Chel$ki to do it but I think Barca will win

Couldn't of happened to a worse club, appalling behaviour by Chelsea all round. Perhaps if Drogba took his chances and stopped spending so much time rolling around on the floor he could have put the tie beyond all reasonable doubt. At least us neutrals will get a nice open attack minded CL final.

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't of happened to a worse club, appalling behaviour by Chelsea all round. Perhaps if Drogba took his chances and stopped spending so much time rolling around on the floor he could have put the tie beyond all reasonable doubt his confrontation with the ref and with other players was simply inexcusable. At least us neutrals will get a nice open attack minded CL final.

Football fans are just incredible sometimes.

If Villa got robbed in a champions league semi final by an inept referee, then we'd all be going mad.

If our players then chased the referee and called him a cheat in the media, we'd all be saying 'well said, they're right'

But because it's Chelsea, we forget about the emotion of the game and how you feel after certain incidents.

Dublin called Savage a cheat and everybody agreed, even though Savage hadn't really done anything wrong for once....and that match was nothing compared to a champions league semi final.

Good post mate and so very true...many hypocrites around really.

I don't agree fully.

Whilst I would be annoyed at the referee for performing so badly i certainly would not want any Villa players acting the way those Chelsea players did. I would be disgusted if they did and fully expect the club to punish them.

Calling a player a cheat is a huge difference from calling the Ref a cheat. In most games you have players accusing others of diving etc so you can say thats calling them cheats.

Chelsea have no respect for referees whether it be in the CL the PL or anther Cup competition. This outburst has been on the cards for a long time with them and goes to show how horrible that club really is.

Chelsea FC deserve everything they get over this, and then some more.

They'll get a fine and a slap on the wrists.

The referee was absolutely appalling and Chelsea have a right to feel robbed and cheated - but I don't know what they were planning to achieve from that outburst at the end. Were they expected the referee at the end of the game to go 'You're right - your jumping up and down and harassing me has made me see now... I should have awarded the penalties - let's call it 2-1 to Chelsea. I'll amend my notes now.."

Show your annoyance, certainly - but all they've done now is make themselves look like pricks, and probably lost the respect of alot of fans who would otherwise have agreed they were treated unfairly.

For Drogba to be assault aswell is laughable - he had golden chances to put the game to bed without the penalties. You can't miss 2 one on ones and expect to beat Barcelona. I think Chelsea are using the lack of penalties to mask that, Essien's strike aside, their finishing was bloody woeful.

Is anyone else other than me getting sick of all this stuff about the champions league game with barca? I cant believe how many pundits, ex players, current managers and chelsea fans have defended there actions towards the referee. They put it down to 'passion' and becasue of the nature of the game etc it is understandable.

Yet these same pundits were slagging us off because some fans decided to boo the villa players off after the 2-2 draw with Stoke. What so us fans cant have the passion? If a blus fan runs on to the pitch after Enckelman lets one slide under his foot ( sorry for reminding everyone) thats not passion?

Dont get me wrong I am not condoning any of those examples but where do you draw the line? What is acceptable and whats not. For so long all you hears is pundits, players and managers slag fans off saying we dont know what it is like because we dont play at the highest level. But since when was passion only involved in top level competition?

I play seven a side and trust me I have as much passion for the game and had loads of refs that make terrible calls. You have to just get on with it and accept it.

I also find it funny that the fans are saying that the UEFA got the match the wanted. It was a fix etc. I think maybe just maybe they will understand how the fans of 'smaller' clubs feel when they get decision after decison go against them against the sky 4. How many pens have Manu conceded at old trafford? These big teams have so many decsions go for them that I think it was kind of refreshing seeing them get a taste of it. I am surprised n it hasnt been mentioned.

Is anyone else other than me getting sick of all this stuff about the champions league game with barca? I cant believe how many pundits, ex players, current managers and chelsea fans have defended there actions towards the referee. They put it down to 'passion' and becasue of the nature of the game etc it is understandable.

Yet these same pundits were slagging us off because some fans decided to boo the villa players off after the 2-2 draw with Stoke. What so us fans cant have the passion?

Not quite sure how booing your own players counts as "passion".

Anybody got a picture or gif or Botswinga dragging down Thierry Henry in the penalty area from the first game by the way?

obviously fans want to win as much if not more than the players. the fans boo out of frustration and becasue we are so passionate about our team. yet we get criticised in the press for it.

IMO booing does nothing positive for anyone. Its embarrassing that our fans booed. I think we got off lightly, if I controlled any section of the media I would crucify any booing fans. Arsenal fans would never hear the end of it.

Anybody got a picture or gif or Botswinga dragging down Thierry Henry in the penalty area from the first game by the way?

1240952089419_20.jpg

Cheers.

I just wanted to make sure it had happened given that certain sections of the Chelsea support seem to think they are the only team who have ever had a penalty appeal waved away.

i am not condoning the booing. what i was trying to say in my first post was that the media and pundits etc are saying it was ok for chelsea to act the way they did because it is passion. but cant the fans use the same excuse? where do u draw the line?

More Drogba diving today, got the free kick which led to Chelsea taking the lead against the run of play. Wonder if anybody will notice that? Probably not.

They pointed out in the Fiver letters that having 5 penalties wasn't any use to Chelsea in last years final...

Good one :lol:

Peter Dyke :wink: reports:

BUNGLE REFEREE TO FACE MUSIC

11th May 2009

By Peter Dyke

ANGRY footie fans have vowed to get their own back on ref Tom Henning Ovrebo by stopping Norway winning Eurovision.

Chelsea supporters are still fuming after losing last week’s Champions League semi-final.

And they blame Norwegian ref Ovrebo’s “appalling” performance for turning down penalty appeals and handing victory to Barcelona.

The 42-year-old ref is now in hiding after receiving a string of death threats.

Now an internet campaign has been launched to hit his native country where it really hurts – at the Eurovision song contest.

Norway is favourite to win Saturday night’s event in Moscow with singer Alexander Rybak, 22, and his ditty Fairytale.

But angry fans are urging the UK and other countries to award them “nul points” on the night and deprive them of victory.

One fan said: “They robbed Chelsea of the chance to play in the Champions League final.

“So let’s rob them of the Eurovision trophy.”

Meanwhile, the UK’s entrant Jade Ewen, 23, has been keeping her spirits up in Moscow with fry-ups.

The super-slim star admitted: “I can’t keep away from them.”

*Shamed Chelsea star Didier Drogba’s tantrum at the end of the Champions League game has inspired a hit internet game.

As the wild-eyed virtual character “Didier DrogBaby”, players try to hit a moving target modelled on bald ref Ovrebo, who was confronted by angry Drogba, 31, at the end of the game.

click

That's right. About time too. Let's hit the entire Norwegian nation - where it most hurts.

Â