The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:33, rjw63 said:

Paul Rogers at Symphony Hall last night - he's a fantastic performer but my only gripe is he wasn't on for long enough (less than 90 minutes).

Also met support act Deborajh Bonham in the interval, lovely lass :)

Paul Rogers of 'Free' and 'Bad Company' ?

6 hours ago, veloman said:

Paul Rogers of 'Free' and 'Bad Company' ?

Yes, doing classic Free tracks. Also saw him last year with Bad Company

• Like 1

On 30/05/2017 at 23:44, krisagg75 said:

Also met support act Deborajh Bonham in the interval, lovely lass

dhutwu?

Not in front of the missus ;)

• Like 1

Went and saw The Skids in Belfast last week ( made it into a lads do and we had 3 nights out there B))

considering 5 of my mates only knew one Skids record , they had a great time , they are still commenting on how good it was over a week later  ....  I'd go so far as to say it's one of the best concerts I've ever been to , the sound was superb , the loud guitars , lots of overweight old blokes po-going  ,  everything sounded top notch

and I got to meet Richard Jobson and have my pic with him

if they are in your neck of the woods it's def worth a few hours of your time , will make you appreciate just how under rated they were

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Went and saw The Skids in Belfast last week ( made it into a lads do and we had 3 nights out there B))

considering 5 of my mates only knew one Skids record , they had a great time , they are still commenting on how good it was over a week later  ....  I'd go so far as to say it's one of the best concerts I've ever been to , the sound was superb , the loud guitars , lots of overweight old blokes po-going  ,  everything sounded top notch

and I got to meet Richard Jobson and have my pic with him

if they are in your neck of the woods it's def worth a few hours of your time , will make you appreciate just how under rated they were

Not the same without Adamson though I suppose

6 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Not the same without Adamson though I suppose

They drafted in Bruce Watson And his son Jamie , between the 2 of them they can just about equal one Adamson

Just now, tonyh29 said:

They drafted in Bruce Watson And his son Jamie , between the 2 of them they can just about equal one Adamson

I've got an original "Into The Valley" pic sleeve 45, and a "Working For The Yankee Dollar" double gatefold 45, somewhere amongst my collection

• Like 2

I've got a couple of good ones coming up over the next few weeks. ELO at Wembley Stadium, then Tom Petty & Stevie Nicks in Hyde Park. Completely forgot that I'd booked the Hyde Park gig until last weekend, trying to find decent hotels now will be painful........

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Off to Download Festival, it's going to be a long weekend.

Biffy will be great but the rest of the bill that day is cack

Download was musically utterly appalling, aside from Biffy Clyro, a band I have seen more times than I can recall, from the tiniest club and now headlining a major festival. Them aside it was every bit as bad as I thought it would be, in addition drugs, which I don't do made people think they were far more interesting than they actually were. Good to be home.

On 5/30/2017 at 22:31, rjw63 said:

Yes, doing classic Free tracks. Also saw him last year with Bad Company

I was gutted that I missed this, it had sold out before I heard about it.

Rogers is a legend, still got a brilliant voice considering his age

6 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

I was gutted that I missed this, it had sold out before I heard about it.

Rogers is a legend, still got a brilliant voice considering his age

Yeah he's amazing at 66 years old, what a set of pipes

I now have my ticket to go see The Space Lady next Monday evening.

The, er, ticket was hand written. I've got ticket number 3.

I expect it will be one of those things where there's a lot of walk up on the night.

The-Space-Lady.jpg

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The, er, ticket was hand written. I've got ticket number 3.

I got tickets number 1 and 2 once. Went to the venue (Continental pub in Preston) to buy tickets to gig.

me: 2 tickets please for Last Harbour in 2 weeks time

Landlady: "who? playing here? no, I  don't think so"

me: "Yes, look, there's a poster on your wall showing they are"

Landlady: "Oh, right, yeah, of course (Rummages through piles of various tickets) No, no tickets here...we musn't have printed them off yet, I'll do it now..."

so I got the first 2. It wasn't hugely well attended, but it was alright.

• Like 2

Â