The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

It doesnt really qualify as a gig but off to see the stage adaptation of Withnail and I at the Rep today. Should be good. 

• Like 3

Going to Bearded Theory festival at the weekend. Loads of bands that have been mentioned on here but mean shit all. And Dexys. Looking forward to Bob Vylan. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Going to Bearded Theory festival at the weekend. Loads of bands that have been mentioned on here but mean shit all. And Dexys. Looking forward to Bob Vylan. 

Not seen them live, so jealous of Amyl and the Sniffers being there.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Make sure you go and see Les Savy Fav.  More than anything else, Les Savy Fav.

• Thanks 1

I'm going to see Bruce Dickinson on Thursday, then Vended next weekend, and that's my last normal gig until The end of October, there's not much on that has my interest until then.

Did have a couple of festivals booked in, back at Bloodstock but just for the Saturday, and then we're meant to be going to Download but...I'm starting to get a bit nervous. We spent 2 **** grand on one of their extortionate glamping packages and the little one isn't out of hospital with 3 weeks to go, eek. 

The Hay Festival on the weekend. I’m very much of an intellectual bent on the quiet. Read two books already this year.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I'm going to see Bruce Dickinson on Thursday, then Vended next weekend, and that's my last normal gig until The end of October, there's not much on that has my interest until then.

Daughter went to see him in Brum and sent me a clip. One number he played was "Frankenstein", made famous by the brilliant (IMO) Edgar Winter band. No mean feat that.

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Soft Play on thursday at bearded theory, a mate wants to see them and I don’t have enough fight in me. 

Those two are **** superb live. Bags of energy and always smash it out the park.

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Those two are **** superb live. Bags of energy and always smash it out the park.

If they don’t I will see you on the street. 

slam dunk festival this saturday. some great ska on one of the stages

quality festival if anyone gets a chance to go. it's where the alternative bands play now that reading has gone all R&B

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

slam dunk festival this saturday. some great ska on one of the stages

quality festival if anyone gets a chance to go. it's where the alternative bands play now that reading has gone all R&B

I could happily just stay at the Go Pro stage all day, not a bad lineup, then there's about 4 acts I've ever heard of across the other stages :D 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I could happily just stay at the Go Pro stage all day, not a bad lineup, then there's about 4 acts I've ever heard of across the other stages :D 

i'll be on the monster stage all day but plan to catch the red jumpsuit apparatus in between bands on the go pro stage!

The US Department of Justice is looking to separate Live Nation & Ticketmaster.

Interested to see what, if any, knock-ons there are over here?

As a teaser for the face melting Soft Play, I have just watched Sprints at Bearded Theory. This is the sound I hear whenever @theboyangelposts about a record. Its no Tim Mcgraw. 

• Sad 1

I saw them at 3am in Madrid around 6 years ago and through they were great and finally 6 years later Jet are coming to the UK

got my tickets this  morning for Kentish Town , will find out now if they really are good or if an all day and all night session on Madrid beer makes everything sound great 

15 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I saw them at 3am in Madrid around 6 years ago and through they were great and finally 6 years later Jet are coming to the UK

got my tickets this  morning for Kentish Town , will find out now if they really are good or if an all day and all night session on Madrid beer makes everything sound great 

Aussie rockers of the hit album Get Born fame?

Is it like a 20th anniversary tour or something?

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Aussie rockers of the hit album Get Born fame?

Is it like a 20th anniversary tour or something?

Yep exactly that 

Â