The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

19 hours ago, Designer1 said:

American Gods fans? ;)

Sorry, not a clue about that reference. 

WFW were great, btw. Just a tiny gig in a small pub, my favourite sort. 

Edited by mjmooney

Just got back from U2 at Twickenham

been a few years since I last saw them live and in that time there have been a lot of pretenders to the best gig throne , but you know what , they are still the best live act , even with Bono preaching , welcome back and sorry I ever flirted with those other bands ....

• Like 1

Never understood why U2 are so big. 

I'm not saying they are utter shite, or anything. They're just like an OK little pub band. If I saw them at my local for a couple of quid I'd probably enjoy them. But stadiums, 'biggest band in the world' status? Never in a million years. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm not saying they are utter shite, or anything. They're just like an OK little pub band. If I saw them at my local for a couple of quid I'd probably enjoy them. But stadiums, 'biggest band in the world' status? Never in a million years. 

Don't mind the odd song, but I don't understand why they are so big. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I guess Live Aid probably made them to some extent , Bono going into the crowd dancing with those 2 girls probably caught the mood and made people remember them / aware of them

in terms of live , you get a whole package with them , the stage show yesterday was pretty incredible , the music sounded good , the front man has charisma even if he does preach a bit too much for my liking and you get some decent songs  .... i don't doubt there are better bands , heck I saw Guns N roses a couple of weeks back who are probably better musicians and have stronger songs , but £ for £ U2 were still a better gig than GNR's ( who were still excellent live )

Yes , yes "deleted" very amusing ! No ' I just felt that posting personal opinions which run so counter to popular opinion isn't a good idea. Particularly as I was never famous myself but did play with some ace musos (2 or 3 in chart bands). So I deleted it. What's that about 'better to be thought a fool ....'

27 minutes ago, veloman said:

Yes , yes "deleted" very amusing ! No ' I just felt that posting personal opinions which run so counter to popular opinion isn't a good idea. Particularly as I was never famous myself but did play with some ace musos (2 or 3 in chart bands). So I deleted it. What's that about 'better to be thought a fool ....'

music is subjective there aren't any right or wrong answers surely  ? Apart from Queen  as we all know they are pants   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

music is subjective there aren't any right or wrong answers surely  ? Apart from Queen  as we all know they are pants   

I like Brian May, but I don't like Queen. Mercury was one of the greats, but I don't like Queen. 

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

getout.gif

Seriously dude! Whenever I do fantasy festival, they are always the Saturday night headliners. There's no band in the history of earth, who I'd rather see live (if all original members were alive / willing).

Just now, dAVe80 said:

I've already recorded over them, with Queen Live at Wembley 1986.

I've got to drive home now with silent rage streeeeeaming through my body.

I hope you can live with yourself if anything happens.

I'll post the full Queen / May rant later...

• Like 1

Â