The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

10 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Just got tickets for Ghost at the O2...well the missus likes em too so why not

Fantastic live band Rob, seen them a few times and they are always great value.

I would have been at the O2 myself but I'm away at a wedding that weekend :(

Oh, you better hope they bring the nuns with them :wub:

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Sounds fap-tastic :)

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Just got tickets for Ghost at the O2...well the missus likes em too so why not

They are great band. Last album was fantastic. I'll be there too so I'm sure it will be good!

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Ah yes, the *ahem* "nuns"....!

Oh and Anthrax the other night were great. Clearly though Amongst the Living is their best album by some distance!  

Going to the Hard Rock Hell Metal "festival" at the academy this weekend. Not sure how much will actually go to given Villa playing. However Sodom are playing on Sunday and they rarely play UK so good opportunity to catch them :)

43 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Managed to bag 4 standing tickets to see Nick Cave in London :D

Hope the rest of you managed to get the tickets you wanted. 

I decided not to bother, and already regretting it. If it was a little more local than Moonchester, I'd have been all over it.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Managed to bag 4 standing tickets to see Nick Cave in London :D

Hope the rest of you managed to get the tickets you wanted. 

Got three standing at Bournemouth and a travelodge room 2mins away for under £40!!! 

Well chuffed and already excited!

urrmm some american blokes playing Hoxton Bar and Kitchen next Tuesday night. Station Breaks.

I have a feeling I could be the only bloke in the audience so might bow out and go exploring. I might just stand outside for the duration, tutting at hipsters. 

The fantastic Old Crow Medicine Show are touring in the summer playing Blonde On Blonde in its entirety to celebrate its 50th year. Might be one for @mjmooney. Love the band but alas the Manchester date is over grandsons 1st birthday. They are doing Manchester, Glasgow and London. 

So, as I suspected the Hoxton show of 'Station Breaks' was very much not for me.

As it happens, it wasn't for anyone. They didn't get out of Heathrow. Their instruments went missing and it appears they kicked off in such a big way about it that they were 'detained' overnight and put back on a plane to americaland the next morning.

My missus spent an evening watching and listening to the support act filling in for 3 hours. Apparently he resorted to requests and half remembered Johnny Cash covers (set list: 'something about a train, and then another one about a train, and then that one you like'). Part of me wishes I'd witnessed it. But I had already made my excuses by 9 / 9:30pm and was sat in the cafe across the square with endless coffee and a ska CD playing on their epic sound system.

33041750335_aa5c16cd90.jpg

obligatory gig photo: 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

So, as I suspected the Hoxton show of 'Station Breaks' was very much not for me.

As it happens, it wasn't for anyone. They didn't get out of Heathrow. Their instruments went missing and it appears they kicked off in such a big way about it that they were 'detained' overnight and put back on a plane to americaland the next morning.

My missus spent an evening watching and listening to the support act filling in for 3 hours. Apparently he resorted to requests and half remembered Johnny Cash covers (set list: 'something about a train, and then another one about a train, and then that one you like'). Part of me wishes I'd witnessed it. But I had already made my excuses by 9 / 9:30pm and was sat in the cafe across the square with endless coffee and a ska CD playing on their epic sound system.

33041750335_aa5c16cd90.jpg

obligatory gig photo: 

OK, forget the girl in the Sabbath t-shirt. I'm a little bit in love with that cake now.

• Like 3

Â