The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

I should of been going to London today and getting smashed to watch guns n roses. As I'm trying to get myself sorted out I thought it would be stupid to put myself in that situation, so I sold our tickets on twickets. Bit gutted but I know I won't regret this decision.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I should of been going to London today and getting smashed to watch guns n roses. As I'm trying to get myself sorted out I thought it would be stupid to put myself in that situation, so I sold our tickets on twickets. Bit gutted but I know I won't regret this decision.

You need to be hammered to watch Keith Porky Lemon ;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Fair play mate. Good luck with getting sorted.

On 12/06/2017 at 07:04, Seat68 said:

Download was musically utterly appalling, aside from Biffy Clyro, a band I have seen more times than I can recall, from the tiniest club and now headlining a major festival. Them aside it was every bit as bad as I thought it would be, in addition drugs, which I don't do made people think they were far more interesting than they actually were. Good to be home.

It was a shit lineup tbf. That's drugs for you:) when I went last year I was opening my first can at 8 and was doing lines by 10. There didn't seem much drugs about that I noticed, but then again I was out of it myself so wouldn't notice. I couldn't wait to get home from it all and unless there is a good lineup in future I won't go back again. Those rocker girls are very sexy though.

On 30/05/2017 at 22:31, rjw63 said:

Yes, doing classic Free tracks. Also saw him last year with Bad Company

My wife is really into free at the moment. Saying that I'm listening to them a bit more than I normally do. 

• Like 1

I've got Ritchie Blackmore in two weeks. Tbf from footage I've seen from his band it all looks a bit lame and has kind of killed any expectation. He's chosen the wrong group of musicians imo. Pity him and purple can't patch things up and it's a shame RJD is no longer with us. Either way he's one of my favourite guitarists so atleast I can say I've saw him.

17 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Thought someone might say that :) you don't like GNR then mate?

Don't like Axl, I bought "Appetite" when it came out in '87 and I still have it, but not a great fan these days.

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Don't like Axl, I bought "Appetite" when it came out in '87 and I still have it, but not a great fan these days.

One of my favourite albums and still enjoy listening to it. Do you have the original vinyl that got banned?

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

One of my favourite albums and still enjoy listening to it. Do you have the original vinyl that got banned?

Yes, the robot cover

On 16/06/2017 at 07:48, Rugeley Villa said:

If it makes you feel better they were on stage for nearly 3 hours and even threw in Pink Floyd ( wish you were here) ,a Who song (the seeker ) and Soundgarden (black hole sun )for good measure.

the sound was a bit muffled to start with but the gig got better and better the longer it went on ...November Rain and Coma were standouts  for me

Axl's voice has gone a little but you know what , as an overall package it was a bloody good concert

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

If it makes you feel better they were on stage for nearly 3 hours and even threw in Pink Floyd ( wish you were here) ,a Who song (the seeker ) and Soundgarden (black hole sun )for good measure.

the sound was a bit muffled to start with but the gig got better and better the longer it went on ...November Rain and Coma were standouts  for me

Axl's voice has gone a little but you know what , as an overall package it was a bloody good concert

I was hoping it was shit. Nevermind, maybe next time. New album allegedly on the horizon so more gigs expected.

On 17/06/2017 at 10:52, tonyh29 said:

I saw em a few years ago, when it was him and some blokes I'd never heard of (can't remember if the chap in the KFC bucket hat was there or not!) 

I'd heard the rumours about his voice and stuff back then, but from the moment he screamed "Birmingham, do you know where the **** you are", he barely missed a beat. 

I'm not sure about him really rocking the snake hips dance these days as he's the size of a small house, but he can still sing. 

Did a cracking job for AC/DC recently too. I saw a video of him doing 'Highway to Hell' and it was pretty fecking epic TBF. 

On 17/06/2017 at 11:55, Rugeley Villa said:

New album allegedly on the horizon so more gigs expected.

Chinese Democracy 2. Coming to record stores near you, sometime in the next 15 years.........

• Like 2

Â