The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

I am going to Download Festival for a stag weekend next year and they announced the headline acts this week, Biffy Clyro who I used to like a hell of a lot, so am looking forward to seeing them again, System of a Down, again used to like and having seen them in the past loved them live and a band that I like but never seen, Aerosmith. I may actually enjoy the festival.

9 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I am going to Download Festival for a stag weekend next year and they announced the headline acts this week, Biffy Clyro who I used to like a hell of a lot, so am looking forward to seeing them again, System of a Down, again used to like and having seen them in the past loved them live and a band that I like but never seen, Aerosmith. I may actually enjoy the festival.

im not going next year. Our baby will be here by then plus I think festivals now are a rip off. The headliners so far don't really do it for me but expect some bigger names to be added. 

Just back from seeing Teenage Fanclub at Whitley Bay. Played pretty much everything I wanted them to (with the exception of Some People Try To **** With You, but you know), so it was most excellent. They all got very old though, which I guess means I am. 

Edit: Oh yeah, now I come to think of it, they didn't play Kickabout either. 

Edited by dAVe80

Cure tickets came with a £7.50 per ticket booking / admin  fee

how do these rocket polishers sleep at night

worse still the actual tickets don't have that rip off admin fee printed on them which means I have to explain to my mates that their tickets really did cost £7.50 more than the price printed on them  ...  

• Like 1

Just booked up for this next year:

Anthrax-Among-The-Living-2017-UK-Tour-Po

They're playing Among the Living in it's entirety and as i've always been a huge fan of the band and that album in particular this was a must see.

Plus, unlike certain other older bands of that era **cough Metallica cough** they are still making good albums and don't suck the corporate cock.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, av1 said:

Alter Bridge this evening, really looking forward to it. 

Saw them a couple of years back at the Barclaycard...left early as they were a bit boring

5 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Saw them a couple of years back at the Barclaycard...left early as they were a bit boring

Just got back, had a great night. In my humble opinion Myles Kennedy is the best front man around atm. 

I saw them a few years ago at then Dome (or whatever it was called at the time) I much prefer the smaller venues. I went to whitesnake/def Leppard at the NEC (genting) last year and it's just to big for me. 

On 28/11/2016 at 00:51, av1 said:

Just got back, had a great night. In my humble opinion Myles Kennedy is the best front man around atm. 

I saw them a few years ago at then Dome (or whatever it was called at the time) I much prefer the smaller venues. I went to whitesnake/def Leppard at the NEC (genting) last year and it's just to big for me. 

What did you think of the support acts? Was tempted by this, but really it would have been for Gojira. Volbeat are fun but the last album was pretty bland and not really heard enough of Alter Bridge to have justified a ticket. Given Gojira are blatently going to do a headline tour next March/April with already released EU dates I thought money better spent there. 

At the moment though, next year already cracking for gigs:

Meshuggah, Black Sabbath, Anthrax, Sodom, Skindred, Devin Townsend, Frank Carter, Ghost, Ihsahn, Iron Maiden and that's only until May. With Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats, Boris and Clutch all next month, very happy on the live music front B)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

With Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats, Boris and Clutch all next month, very happy on the live music front B)

I'm at the Uncle Acid and Clutch gigs.

Really excited about seeing UA :thumb:

• Like 1

Noooooooooo!

I'm supposed to be going to the Pixies on the 8th of December but also have a work XMAS party booked that night. Really don't know what to do? Help me? 

Are Uncle Acid playing Brum?!? Would love to see them!

EDIT: Yes they are, on the **** 8th of December :lol:

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Â