The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

• 3 weeks later...

2 gigs booked for November. 

3rd. 3 Dooors down at the O2 academy.

27th. Alter Bridge at the genting arena.

Boooom.

20 minutes ago, av1 said:

2 gigs booked for November. 

3rd. 3 Dooors down at the O2 academy.

27th. Alter Bridge at the genting arena.

Boooom.

Are you my kid? She has booked these. 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Are you my kid? She has booked these. 

Then she must also have terrific taste :P

Got tickets for the last day of Bloodstock Open Air...can't pass up the chance to see Anthrax and Slayer. Went last year as my stepson's band were on the Jager stage...didn't want to go really but it was a great day

• Like 1

Pixies are doing a UK tour, and playing Newcastle on a Saturday night. I'd normally be all over this, but tickets at approx £40, no Kim, and the prospect of them playing new song means I'm probably going to give it a miss.

On 19/07/2016 at 10:44, dAVe80 said:

Pixies are doing a UK tour, and playing Newcastle on a Saturday night. I'd normally be all over this, but tickets at approx £40, no Kim, and the prospect of them playing new song means I'm probably going to give it a miss.

The first time I saw the Pixies was in Newcastle at the now gone Mayfair. For well over a decade it was the best gig I ever attended. Now for your reasons I wouldnt dream of seeing them. 

• Like 1

Camp Bestival with the kids tomorrow 

looking forward to seeing how well / badly Bananarama have aged !!

Tears for Fears should be good , not sure about Fat Boy slim and still have absolutely no idea who Jessie Glynn is 

but based on the past 3 years we've been it should be a blast 

9 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I'll be there on the Sunday Tony! I'm looking forward to Tears for Fears but worried about whether I'll be able to enjoy it/still be there with an exhausted 4yr old with us

Go near the back and you should be able to put a blanket down and let them have a kip , my youngest slept through Underworld last year !! 

Gets crowded at the back just before the fireworks though so make sure you pick her up before they start :) 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Camp Bestival with the kids tomorrow 

looking forward to seeing how well / badly Bananarama have aged !!

Tears for Fears should be good , not sure about Fat Boy slim and still have absolutely no idea who Jessie Glynn is 

but based on the past 3 years we've been it should be a blast 

Have fun grandad!  Jesse Glynn sang on that "No Place I'd Rather Be" one which was number one a while back.  Mooney it if you need to.

• Like 1

Got an agoraphobic friend. Unsurprisingly, it's proper grief getting her out the house.

So she wants to see a gig.

zmelykE.jpg

A night with a grotesque transvestite in hipster town beckons.

17 minutes ago, Xann said:

Got an agoraphobic friend. Unsurprisingly, it's proper grief getting her out the house.

So she wants to see a gig.

zmelykE.jpg

A night with a grotesque transvestite in hipster town beckons.

Is that the gig she wants to go to, or is it just the best one you could find to show her the outside world isn't so bad?

Â