The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

13 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I'm at the Uncle Acid and Clutch gigs.

Really excited about seeing UA :thumb:

Me too! Has been far too long and not seen them since the new album has been released. And Clutch will be just a damn good time again!

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Noooooooooo!

I'm supposed to be going to the Pixies on the 8th of December but also have a work XMAS party booked that night. Really don't know what to do? Help me? 

Are Uncle Acid playing Brum?!? Would love to see them!

EDIT: Yes they are, on the **** 8th of December :lol:

Erm blatantly go to Uncle Acid; get pissed and then head to the work Christmas party afterwards :D 

(or go to Pixies who will be good too!)

1 minute ago, cyrusr said:

Me too! Has been far too long and not seen them since the new album has been released. And Clutch will be just a damn good time again!

Erm blatantly go to Uncle Acid; get pissed and then head to the work Christmas party afterwards :D 

(or go to Pixies who will be good too!)

Unfortunately Xmas party is in Worcester, Pixies is in Brum. Have to choose one or the other.

I'm choosing the Pixies for what it's worth. Screw work people. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Unfortunately Xmas party is in Worcester, Pixies is in Brum. Have to choose one or the other.

I'm choosing the Pixies for what it's worth. Screw work people. 

Much better choice :D 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cyrusr said:

What did you think of the support acts? Was tempted by this, but really it would have been for Gojira. Volbeat are fun but the last album was pretty bland and not really heard enough of Alter Bridge to have justified a ticket. Given Gojira are blatently going to do a headline tour next March/April with already released EU dates I thought money better spent there. 

At the moment though, next year already cracking for gigs:

Meshuggah, Black Sabbath, Anthrax, Sodom, Skindred, Devin Townsend, Frank Carter, Ghost, Ihsahn, Iron Maiden and that's only until May. With Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats, Boris and Clutch all next month, very happy on the live music front B)

Sadly mate i made the mistake of taking my missus and the support acts were far to heavy her liking. Ended up going back out to the bar and not returning till Alter Bridge came on. 

Shame really but lesson learned. 

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I'm supposed to be going to the Pixies on the 8th of December but also have a work XMAS party booked that night

aren't they another band like the Ramones that you just pretend to like to look cool ?

so go to your works do but wear a pixies t-shirt and lap up the attention and envious glances from your male work colleagues as you get to do a Becker on Amy from Accounts in the broom cupboard

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

aren't they another band like the Ramones that you just pretend to like to look cool ?

so go to your works do but wear a pixies t-shirt and lap up the attention and envious glances from your male work colleagues as you get to do a Becker on Amy from Accounts in the broom cupboard

Ha,  I don't know,  are The Pixies even considered 'cool' ?  

I'm not sure I've ever seen someone wearing a Pixies t-shirt before too be fair... 

i wore ramones tshirts before they were sold in Primark, I had to go to london just to get a subterranean jungle tshirt, I own every album they ever did and they were the first band I ever saw live. They werent considered cool, thats been bestowed on them now.

Similarly I bought a death to the pixies in the tail end of the 80's, saw them numerous times but the most memorable and in my top 5 gigs was at newcastle mayfair. Still have that tshirt, my wife sleeps in it. They were always pretty cool, till Kim left.

• Like 2

I wore my Pixies t-shirt, till Dave and Joe's faces started peeling off. I've seen them live three times, and own every album they ever released (with exception of the last one). I only do any of it to appear cool, to the three or four people a day I encounter, who have any idea who they are. 

• Like 1

Saw Agnes Obel in Manchester tonight - bloody hell is she and her band talented. Great venue, too, the Albert Hall. And good company from @Jon and Emma.

(Broken Twin, Samaris, Sóley, Anna Von Hausswolf, Emilíana Torrini, OOFJ, Pale Honey - they were my scandi recs)

• Like 1

The Ramones were pretty instrumental in my musical evolution, musically my taste went down a particular avenue, I liked the village people, then abba and then I obsessed over Frankie Goes To Hollywood (none of this is a joke), my walls were covered in FGTH posters, collected their records across all formats. 

One night in 85 or 86 I mistakenly tuned in to John Peel, for the first time and I heard The Ramones. This literally happened, the next day I tore down all of my posters and gave away everything I owned that was FGTH. From then on in The Ramones was my new obsession.

In 1988 All of my records were stolen, the only ones from then I replaced was The Ramones. 

• Like 3

On 01/12/2016 at 05:44, Seat68 said:

, musically my taste went down a particular avenue, I liked the village people, then abba and then I obsessed over Frankie Goes To Hollywood (none of this is a joke), my walls were covered in FGTH posters, collected their records across all formats. 

So the Ramones basically helped you back in the closet :D ... you should let Mike Pence know 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

So the Rsmones basically helped you back in the closet :D ... you should let Mike Pence know 

My dad actually asked me at one point if I was gay, he based this on me always reading and liking music, this was way after village people (I was 9) Abba (11) and FGTH (14). My dad once said to one of my friends, that he didnt care "if he was a poof". 

Back on topic, 2nd festival booked for next year this week, Bearded Theory, more of a weekend with friends than the music.

On 30/11/2016 at 16:31, av1 said:

Sadly mate i made the mistake of taking my missus and the support acts were far to heavy her liking. Ended up going back out to the bar and not returning till Alter Bridge came on. 

Shame really but lesson learned. 

Fair enough. But you who me really check out Gojira. Incredible band and they will be announcing a U.K. Tour next year imminently - playing Birmingham O2 academy on 11 March 2017 :D 

And Volbeat are fun; I would have imagined the missus might have enjoyed them as well - much more Alter Bridge style than Gojira!

Oh and The Ramones rule - despite the idiots wearing the t-shirts. Been a fan since the early 2000s (they stopped touring before I was even in secondary school). For me, they were the definition of punk unlike say the Sex Pistols who were more of a fashion accessory than anything; which in light of the t-shirt wearing idiots, is somewhat ironic :blink:

• Like 1

So for some strange reason, big time US of A rapper The Game is performing in my little Swedish town (Karlstad) tomorrow at some shitty nightclub.

Was announced like 2 days ago, so it must have happened pretty quickly.

Has he been sued recently and is in dire need of money?

Safe to say I will not be going to this one.

EDIT: Found an article from a few days back saying he's just been ordered to fork over $7.13 mil in some sexual assault case...

Edited by sne

Cure tonight , on stage for 2 hours 45 mins with a few brief intervals 

the last 25 mins were like music icing on a cake that was already full of chocolate with honeycomb pieces 

one of the best Gigs I've ever been to 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Cure tonight , on stage for 2 hours 45 mins with a few brief intervals 

the last 25 mins were like music icing on a cake that was already full of chocolate with honeycomb pieces 

one of the best Gigs I've ever been to 

I wanted to go to that just for the Twilight Sad.

But over a hundred notes seemed excessive for the support band.

• Like 2

30599784994_887aa7df9e.jpg  31051919480_a700057827.jpg

30613924443_4e19bf4b64.jpg 30613986433_a580f1eee1.jpg 31276569672_aa744432b0_n.jpg

Absolutely rammed in the Shepherds Bush Empire last night.

There were either a lot of people in there that shouldn't have been, or they seriously need to review what their 'capacity' is. Blocked stairwells, blocked at the bar, impossible to move at times.

Brilliant.

• Like 2

In another trip down memory lane saw Kula Shaker in Guildford tonight..

they played "K" in its entirety and sounded amazing  , didn't realise how good a guitarist Mills was .. very emergetic and some good interaction with the crowd ...

I need to dig out my copy of the CD from the loft , shame on me for banishing it there 

• Like 1

Â