The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

idWAydY.jpg

He was very good.

Very camp, obviously. I wasn't expecting anything quite so political.

Lots of stuff on inequality and the lack of humanity shown by those in power.

His support act was a rapping poet he'd seen performing on the street in Birmingham.

Here she is, local lass.

• 2 weeks later...

CpUpjiFWYAAfuVp.jpg

Hmmm, worst venue in Cardiff, playing old stuff, again.

£35.70 PLUS booking fee PLUS postage fee PLUS venue renovation surcharge! 

Doesn't sit right. Having already seen them twice in the last year or so, I shall need a serious sit down and think about this one.

15 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

CpUpjiFWYAAfuVp.jpg

Hmmm, worst venue in Cardiff, playing old stuff, again.

£35.70 PLUS booking fee PLUS postage fee PLUS venue renovation surcharge!

Doesn't sit right. Having already seen them twice in the last year or so, I shall need a serious sit down and think about this one.

I may go to the Leeds gig, but I've got a feeling it's around the same time I'm seeing Teenage Fanclub (just checked, and it's the day after). Will have to have a think about it.

Met a friend passing through town at a gig last night.

She lives overseas, we average maybe two nights out a year. So I entertain gigs I wouldn't usually. On her previous visit it was an Oi band... :rolleyes:

Last night it was The Peacocks at the Underworld. They're sort of the punk end of Psychobilly.

They were good, fairly rocking. The upright bass player had skills, though a lot of his energy was expended jumping about.

My friend decided she'd camp front and center.

The battle commenced...

We won, but I shouldn't have worn sandals <_<

Was soaked with sweat and beer at the end. All good fun.

The support were entertaining. More (or perhaps gore) theatrical,

Another friend wants to see Sabbath. No Ward... hmmmmm?

Torn on that one.

51 minutes ago, Xann said:

Met a friend passing through town at a gig last night.

She lives overseas, we average maybe two nights out a year. So I entertain gigs I wouldn't usually. On her previous visit it was an Oi band... :rolleyes:

Last night it was The Peacocks at the Underworld. They're sort of the punk end of Psychobilly.

They were good, fairly rocking. The upright bass player had skills, though a lot of his energy was expended jumping about.

My friend decided she'd camp front and center.

The battle commenced...

We won, but I shouldn't have worn sandals <_<

Was soaked with sweat and beer at the end. All good fun.

The support were entertaining. More (or perhaps gore) theatrical,

Another friend wants to see Sabbath. No Ward... hmmmmm?

Torn on that one.

I've seen The Peacocks! I saw them upstairs in a grotty little pub in Darlington. My mate still wears the t-shirt he got from the gig. Good fun, and I recall the bass player's quiff disintegrating 30 seconds into their first song. Are they Austrian? I recall them doing the 1-2-3 count in German.

30 minutes ago, Xann said:

The girl I met is from Darlo ;)

The Peacocks are Swiss I think. It was a crowd of Swiss loons that were the ruck. There was a Celtic Frost T-shirt in there ;)

That's it, I knew they were from a German speaking nation, but not German. 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2016 at 10:44, dAVe80 said:

Pixies are doing a UK tour, and playing Newcastle on a Saturday night. I'd normally be all over this, but tickets at approx £40, no Kim, and the prospect of them playing new song means I'm probably going to give it a miss.

I got a ticket for their Birmingham gig.

Got 5 gigs lined up,

Polica, The Kills, PJ Harvey, The Wythes, and Pixies.

Really want to see Dinosaur Jr but they're not playing Brum :(

Saw Noel Gallagher in the Denmarks Radio Concerthouse last week. Great venue. Seen Noel many times. He really is an expert on letting the audience sing and get back into the song himself at the right time. Guitarist Tim Smith is new in his band and was very good.

On 16 June 2016 at 10:54, dAVe80 said:

Bagged a couple of Sabbath tickets for Leeds on pre release (thanks Mr Mooney for pointing me in the right direction, when I got Neil Young tickets). I was quite cynical about their last tour, but now I've got tickets, I'm really looking forward to it! The last show is going to be in Brum, so I'm considering trying my luck tomorrow, and trying to get a couple for that (although I'm fully expecting that they'll announce extra dates in Birmingham).

I've got tickets for their final show in brum. It's not sabbath from the 70s as they are all old men now but they still put on a good show. Iommi is at the top of his game, he's such a great guitarist and butler kicks ass too. Ozzy is in better form on this tour than he was on the 13 tour and at times really nails it so yeah it's something to look forward to. I saw them at download and they were good.  I didn't enjoy download much tbf, got fed up of getting wet and I'm too old for all that camping crap now. Can't wait for sabbath in brum though.

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 3

Â