The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Yeah got mine on Tuesday

might go to Slane Castle in Dublin instead though and make a lads weekend of it with the gang   ..original plan was Munich but Tuesday night didn't fit into our lads weekend plan !!

Edited by tonyh29

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Got myself a couple of tickets for guns n roses at the Olympic stadium in June next year. Managed to get gold circle on O2 priority today. My first true love GNR were, can't wait.

Saw them in their prime, when they had Bucket Head in the band. :D:trollface:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I thought Guns n Roses was just a shabby T shirt in Asda.

Yes they are one of those bands where people where them to try and be cool. Go and listen to appetite for destruction, that's what it's all about. Great band that could of been even better if it weren't for axl rose. Would not surprise me if he's two hours late, but by the sound of it he's on the ball at the moment so let's hope for a great show. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Haha! Saw them at Leeds Festival, when it was basically Axl, Buckethead, and a few blokes they found wondering around back stage. Buckethead played the Star Wars theme tune as a solo, and did some tricks with a set of nunchucks. I think they had to get a roadie to stand on the side of the stage and play Slash's solos, because Buckethead couldn't play them. It was hilarious! 

I saw them with buckethead too. I thought my drink had been spiked. 

Off to another **** rockabilly gig tomorrow. This year has been light on country music gigs and heavy on the rockabilly. This is great for my wife but its starting to get on my tits. 

Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats (+ Vodun) tonight at Mama Roux's in Brum.

First time i've been to the MR part of The Rainbow Venues and it's supposed to be a great venue with an 'American South' vibe to it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats (+ Vodun) tonight at Mama Roux's in Brum.

First time i've been to the MR part of The Rainbow Venues and it's supposed to be a great venue with an 'American South' vibe to it.

Will be there too

Mama Roux's is far far better than the Warehouse. Was there last month for Earth and was really pleased. Much better atmosphere and general niceness. Was delighted that this was moved!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Got myself a couple of tickets for guns n roses at the Olympic stadium in June next year. Managed to get gold circle on O2 priority today. My first true love GNR were, can't wait.

Fair play. Appetite definitely by far their best and is a great album - for me don't fancy the trip down to London for it. I have seen the Axl fronted nonsense a couple of times and whilst Slash has saved them (him with Myles Kennedy did the songs much more justice); Axl just bugs me. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Will be there too

Mama Roux's is far far better than the Warehouse. Was there last month for Earth and was really pleased. Much better atmosphere and general niceness. Was delighted that this was moved!

If you see some greying, middle aged bloke in a Purson T-Shirt give us a wave :D

16 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Haha! Saw them at Leeds Festival, when it was basically Axl, Buckethead, and a few blokes they found wondering around back stage. Buckethead played the Star Wars theme tune as a solo, and did some tricks with a set of nunchucks. I think they had to get a roadie to stand on the side of the stage and play Slash's solos, because Buckethead couldn't play them. It was hilarious! 

Was backstage for this. I'm sure I've typed in the details of this encounter before.

Axl is a TOOL of the first order. The biggest prick I've ever had the misfortune of crossing paths with. Slipknot got right under his skin that day. He chickened right out of appearing.

A combination of cajoling and threats got him to show his face on stage before the crowd kicked off. He was seriously going to blow you out, Dude.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Xann said:

Was backstage for this. I'm sure I've typed in the details of this encounter before.

Axl is a TOOL of the first order. The biggest prick I've ever had the misfortune of crossing paths with. Slipknot got right under his skin that day. He chickened right out of appearing.

A combination of cajoling and threats got him to show his face on stage before the crowd kicked off. He was seriously going to blow you out, Dude.

I would have been fine missing them to be honest. If they'd have come on stage at the right time, I'd already decided to watch someone else (was either Spiritualized or ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead). Went to meet some friends who wanted to watch fat Axl, and as they'd not made it to the stage yet, I watched them for giggles.

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, cyrusr said:

Fair play. Appetite definitely by far their best and is a great album - for me don't fancy the trip down to London for it. I have seen the Axl fronted nonsense a couple of times and whilst Slash has saved them (him with Myles Kennedy did the songs much more justice); Axl just bugs me. 

Top ten album for me. Once in a lifetime really hence why I've paid a bit more than I would of liked.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

On 07/12/2016 at 00:40, tonyh29 said:

In another trip down memory lane saw Kula Shaker in Guildford tonight..

they played "K" in its entirety and sounded amazing  , didn't realise how good a guitarist Mills was .. very emergetic and some good interaction with the crowd ...

I need to dig out my copy of the CD from the loft , shame on me for banishing it there 

Next time I go for a really good shite I'll record that an email it you. You'll love it, trust me

Someone please resurrect the corpse of Stuart Adamson and save Tony from himself :D

• Like 2

17 hours ago, bickster said:

Next time I go for a really good shite I'll record that an email it you. You'll love it, trust me

Someone please resurrect the corpse of Stuart Adamson and save Tony from himself :D

so good to see you back :D

• Like 1

Â