The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

21 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Too much for that band imo but I'd agree Rodgers still has a great voice. You not going to see sabbath in brum in Feb?

Nope, too costly and if its a weekday I can't make it anyway

• 2 weeks later...

Peter Hook on Sat night was superb , shame not to see all of New Order , but close enough .... few thousand fatty sweaty drunk blokes jumping around to "love will tear us apart"  , just how a concert should be :) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Peter Hook on Sat night was superb , shame not to see all of New Order , but close enough .... few thousand fatty sweaty drunk blokes jumping around to "love will tear us apart"  , just how a concert should be :) 

I've seen Peter Hook and New Order twice each in the last 18 months, and enjoyed Hooky more overall. 

New Order were good, but there was something strangely joyless about it, it seemed as though Bernard in particular just wasn't enjoying it much.

Hooky is like watching a great New Order tribute band, and is all the more enjoyable (and affordable) for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

For those interested @dAVe80 3rd date for Kraftwerk at the RAH, tickets on sale 9am Friday the 7th. Also John Prine is doing a short tour.

I wanted to see Kraftwerk, but not enough to arrange time off, and to go to that London. ;) Thanks for the heads up though!

41 minutes ago, blandy said:

He reminds me of this

29 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

How bizarre. For how crap it is, it seems fun. 

Yeah, I think that about sums it up, it's not earth shattering it's a tune you can move to, it's a guy from way way off in Olympia, Washington, that got inspired by the punk ethos to do his own thing and have some uninhibited fun, all ages welcome, very small crowd, he'll spot it if you're thinking too hard or too worried about the other people in the room.

If someone leaves the performance thinking they can be in a band or set up a label or help out at a small recording studio, or organise some fun, his work is done.

Laptop, speakers, microphone, twenty people, go! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Calvin Johnson / Selector Dub Narcotic was good fun.

A bit of a chat, a bit of a dance and an hour or so of really catchy tunes all knocked out on a couple of mini keyboards.

My estimate of 20 people was pretty much spot on.

Bought a couple of singles but resisted the lucky dip bin of cassettes.

29802267333_4d70f364e4_z.jpg

Â