The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings in Bristol tonight. A valiant effort to put so much into the show given the paucity of the crowd and the obvious technical problems throughout.

(Any band that contains someone called Binky Griptite has to get extra credit too).

Edited by choffer
  • Like 2

Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings in Bristol tonight. A valiant effort to put so much into the show given the paucity of the crowd and the obvious technical problems throughout.

(Any band that contains someone called Binky Griptite has to get extra credit too).

I really want to see The Daptone Super Soul Revue at some point. I keep managing to miss them though.

I really want to see The Daptone Super Soul Revue at some point. I keep managing to miss them though.

Yep, I actually had Sharon Jones in Bristol as a gig I was going to, then I had funding issues...

Yep, I actually had Sharon Jones in Bristol as a gig I was going to, then I had funding issues...

You could probably have just pitched up and they'd have let you in to try and fill the place a bit. There were 17 of us in the circle and downstairs was only a third full. Would highly recommend seeing them though. Not quite the show you get with the Super Soul Review but definitely worth a look. Just a shame there were so few in to see it.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess this can go here

10f55du.jpg

Nails ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4nV8WV-EDY

That's worth it for Between the Buried and Me alone. Fantastic band.

Saw Sikth on Sunday after waiting a good few years for them to reunite. Awesome gig.

I guess this can go here

10f55du.jpg

Pig Destroyer!

I always crack up when I see these posters, because there's always at least one band that I haven't heard in at least fifteen years that has reformed and is a band again. This time, it's Will Haven.

Got my ticket for Martha Reeves in Leeds. The more I think about it, the more excited I am. I think this is going to be bigger for me, than a teenage girl going to see 1D! I may cry at any point during the gig!

Does anybody know anything about the 'Craig Charles Eclectic Funky DJ Set'?

Depends if he can be arsed or not. I've seen him DJ a few times. First time he looked like he was having great fun, and pulling out some beauties. Second time he looked like he'd rather have been anywhere else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTLWQQvZcu4

Think he's necked a couple of beauties :)

• Like 1

Went to a rockabilly alldayer at Drayton Manor Hotel, it was exceptional but tiring. Wednesday I have got Darius Rucker in wolves. I have seen him before and he was ok, nothing more, hope this will be better.

Â