The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Not a concert but I just got back from watching noel fielding at the symphony hall, I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but I quite like him and I was genuinely howling at one point.

Never been to see a stand up comedy thing but that was really good, still not my sort of thing, I only went Cuz it was for my mates birthday and without a gut full of alcohol I would have probably been bored shitless, good night though I enjoyed it

The Fall were superb last night, in Leeds. Possibly the best I've seen them. Smithy seems to have calmed down the recent times I've seen them, and I hesitate to say, even looks like he's enjoying himself. 

• Like 3

not a gig as such....but I'll be sitting in on my nipper's drum exam later this afternoon

just felt the need to mention it - no baffles, no pads, in a room the size of a decent garden shed so it's going to get properly loud,  5 / 10 minutes unmarked to get used to the kit and get warmed up, then about 10 / 15 minutes of bash, hopefully broadly in time and to a recognisable pattern

as a good supportive nurturing middle class parent, I've promised hard cash for a pass mark and an austerity review of the Christmas list for a fail

last time I went I also had to listen to 30 minutes of Blondie covers on guitar from an examiner who gave the impression marking could be influenced by buying tickets to go and see his covers / tribute band

Got some freebies to go see Bill Ryder-Jones (former Coral guitarist) and Saint Saviour in Stockton tonight. Just checking him out on youtube. This is rather a nice little tune...

bad enough that twice this week I've had to miss Electric 6 and my mate was able to go and send me pictures

tonight they covered Nightvision by SFA

one of my fave songs by one of my fave bands covered by another fave band and I'm being sent texts about it whilst I'm putting the bins out

oh yeah, and my nipper, when asked after the exam what the drums were like (by the proud drum kit owning drum teacher guy in his own mini studio set up):

'I didn't like the sticky pedal and I didn't really like the dynamics but they were ok'

I was surprised at the answer, he looked gutted, hope it didn't influence the mark!

Edited by chrisp65

St David's Hall tonight to see the Cardiff Philharmonic perform 'a night at the movies'

Gone With The Wind

King Kong

Skyfall
Gershwin in Hollywood
The Sound of Music
Ben Hur - Parade of the Charioteers and Star of Bethlehem
Its a Wonderful Life
The Cowboys Overture
Star Wars
Pink Panther (It had better be tonight)
Hymn to the Fallen (Saving Private Ryan)
The Longest Day
Miss Marple

• Like 1

acdc tribute band next friday, hawkwind in march, download festival in june, fleetwood mac in july then will be going to acdc when they announce tour dates. thinking about seeing metallica at reading or leeds but not sure on that one yet.

bad enough that twice this week I've had to miss Electric 6 and my mate was able to go and send me pictures

tonight they covered Nightvision by SFA

one of my fave songs by one of my fave bands covered by another fave band and I'm being sent texts about it whilst I'm putting the bins out

oh yeah, and my nipper, when asked after the exam what the drums were like (by the proud drum kit owning drum teacher guy in his own mini studio set up):

'I didn't like the sticky pedal and I didn't really like the dynamics but they were ok'

I was surprised at the answer, he looked gutted, hope it didn't influence the mark!

Electric Six were fantastic, made all the more enjoyable by the Andy D,

• Like 1

PISS OFF!

Yeah, I heard Andy D and his missus were great again - next time man, next time.

For me, the highlight of tonight was a full orchestra giving it the max for the music of 633 Squadron. 

• Like 1

get yourself to hawkwind with me seat68 and we will drop acid all night  :D .

Ha, my days of Hawkwind are long gone, when I was a slip of a lad I recall seeing Daevid Allen of Gong, thats as close as I got to Hawkwind due to a mate freaking me out by playing a really strange spoken word track by them.

• Like 1

brothers and sisters Christmas officially starts today with the alternative office party by select invite only

this years entertainment is at the 1st Presleytarian church of the divine holding a 7 hour long funkathon service for one night only in Brizzle

possessions are sins so make an exhaustive inventory of all your new girlfriend's stuff and bring it unto me

FRONTLINE_Alabama%203%20The%20ABC%20Nov%

it's going to be loud, proud, messy and a bit of a marathon

we love you Rev. D Wayne!

• Like 1

Blown out the works do this year.

Though have been persuaded to attend the Women's Tennis Association bash tonight.

It's at some Brazilian bar in the West End.

Hopefully someone will get their cuicas out, but won't be holding my breath.

The girl I'm going with scrubs up well and is a great dancer. Got lots of jealous looks last year, it was fun.

Â