The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Liam Gallagher playing Knebworth next summer

Pre sale codes available if you pre order his new album which he also announced today but isn't out until May next year

Nice way of getting a huge advance 

Who is he supporting?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Who is he supporting?

Said this recently during festival season he still has a huge following, it's probably getting bigger, he is one of if not the biggest headliner going here at the moment, the demand for this will be monstrous, he'll probably add a 2nd night and easily sell out both 

Says more about the lack of big bands in the last decade that 18 year old lads are wanting to go see him rather than them 

And then he'll no doubt add bands like the DMAs, maybe the courteeners, probably ashcroft as his support 

I'll see what tickets is up to the week before 

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Said this recently during festival season he still has a huge following, it's probably getting bigger, he is one of if not the biggest headliner going here at the moment, the demand for this will be monstrous, he'll probably add a 2nd night and easily sell out both 

Says more about the lack of big bands in the last decade that 18 year old lads are wanting to go see him rather than them 

And then he'll no doubt add bands like the DMAs, maybe the courteeners, probably ashcroft as his support 

I'll see what tickets is up to the week before 

That wasn't even a dig. I just assumed that it was acts like Robbie Williams, Oasis and Led Zep who played Knebworth. Clearly I have no clue about his stature. 

On 30/09/2021 at 17:05, tonyh29 said:

I've been to a few gigs there  .. there is no "might" about it :) 

Good gig. Lots of energy. Great sound. Damn they sounded good.

Rich won the best dressed man award.

BkbjA3i.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

thundercat

That's one for the over rated topic. The lovies all gush for Thundercat, no idea why

Also another frickin odd support act  compared to the main act

Buy-ons for support slots have always been a thing at this level but they used to at least try and make them make sense, seems to be highest bidder now

1 hour ago, bickster said:

That's one for the over rated topic. The lovies all gush for Thundercat, no idea why

Also another frickin odd support act  compared to the main act

Buy-ons for support slots have always been a thing at this level but they used to at least try and make them make sense, seems to be highest bidder now

I can see why his music might not be everybody's cup of tea (I'm a big fan personally), but there's no denying that he's a phenomenal bass player.

47 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

but there's no denying that he's a phenomenal bass player.

Wasn't attempting to belittle his playing, i agree he's really good, it's his actual music, it's full of his phenomenal playing ability and that makes it rather boring

Mark King of Level 42 was a great bass player, Level 42 were shite though

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

Wasn't attempting to belittle his playing, i agree he's really good, it's his actual music, it's full of his phenomenal playing ability and that makes it rather boring

Mark King of Level 42 was a great bass player, Level 42 were shite though

Yeah I can see why it's not to everyone's taste. I think his best stuff is when he's gone down the more funk/soul route. I love his more jazz/fusion/crazy stuff but his envelope filter-heavy bass tone works so well for funk.

I quite like Level 42 😅 guilty pleasure I guess you could say...

I’ll fess up as well and say I got RHCP tickets this week but for Glasgow instead of London 

I’ve not seen them with John so that’s my justification - £185 for two tickets which must be the most I’ve paid for a single day event 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

First gig in god knows when later. Went to Victorious festival for a day in the summer but my last proper gig was well before Covid. 

Weirdly I've actually been to very few gigs in Birmingham, always seem to go elsewhere. Tonight is The Skints at The Mill. 

Kasabian Sheffield last night. Seen them many times but first time without Tom.

They didn’t disappoint, they’re a different band with more of Serge’s dance tunes on the setlist but definitely good live.

Looking forward to seeing them in Brum in a couple of weeks.

Â