The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Wandered into a small side tent at I of Wight … caught a band called “Spangled”

The band look like they are made of of people who failed the audition for the Inbetweeners , but boom they kicked , kinda a bit of a buzzcocks type vibe with a very energetic lead singer who has that right lead singer swagger without being the full Gallagher cock

probably where I find out they’ve been around for years , but for now they feel like a great find 

14 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

The band look like they are made of of people who failed the audition for the Inbetweeners , but boom they kicked , kinda a bit of a buzzcocks type vibe with a very energetic lead singer who has that right lead singer swagger without being the full Gallagher cock

probably where I find out they’ve been around for years , but for now they feel like a great find 

Careful with praising bands from Manchester :suspect: 😆

• Haha 1

On 18/09/2021 at 17:32, tonyh29 said:

You didn't watch Ronan Keating did you? jJust spotted a Villa shirt clapping away to life is a roller coaster on sky arts 😳

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, tinker said:

You didn't watch Ronan Keating did you? jJust spotted a Villa shirt clapping away to life is a roller coaster on sky arts 😳

He wasn’t at Isle of Wight far as I know , might have been an old one you were watching 

( I don’t own a football shirt so not guilty fwiw :) )

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

On 18/09/2021 at 17:32, tonyh29 said:

Just read that the lead singers dad who was also their “roadie”  died of a heart attack just a few hours after their set finished .

he was standing just in front of me , wearing a “spangled” T-shirt looking like the proudest man on the planet , after the set finished I saw him talking to people in the crowd thanking them for watching his son / the band

shocking to think he was dead 2/3 hours later :(

• Sad 3

Saw Courting last night at the Hare and Hounds in Kings Heath, who were brilliant (but incredibly young or am I just old!?!?)

the venue was packed due to a memorial to Brian Travers of UB40 who died last month. Lots of faces there including other members of the band and even Adil Ray (big Villa fan)

I resisted the temptation to order a glass of Shiraz or enquire about pest control in the venues cookhouse! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bickster said:

Blonde Redhead are an odd support band for Tool

Yeah, it should be the other way round 🤪

They were the support for was it Editors or Interpol for Blackpool gig we went to years ago, IIRC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Yeah, it should be the other way round 🤪

They were the support for was it Editors or Interpol for Blackpool gig we went to years ago, IIRC

Can't remember which one but yes we've definitely seen them, I even bought an album on the back of seeing them

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

2022 now potentially the year I get to pop my GY!BE, Mogwai and Tool cherry

Have no idea about Tool because I've never seen nor had any desire to but Mogwai and GY!BE will both be very good and very LOUD

• Like 3

Â