The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

45 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

the Mercure at Haydock

That's half way to Manchester, the wrong side of St Helens on the border of Wigan. Proper small town England. It makes St Helen's itself seem almost metropolitan and multicultural

13 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

You mean there are others???

There was a follow up to that one called Utter Shite, CD or cassette only, incuding songs such as Space Jobbity and Pohemain Crapsody, I don't have it but I do have Playing Dead by Exhibit B, which is Howie Minns again. I may also have some Cherry Boys stuff on compilations (they are nothing like Eddie Shit, Cherry Biys were a 60s influenced band and Exhibit B were pretty odd)

He also put out a a compilation of both albums on CD called... Complete and Utter Shit :mrgreen:

EDIT: In fact the other week I found a flyer for a night I did with Eddo as the main event, it was actually called... This night is complete and utter SHITE

• Haha 1

Portals festival up in London this weekend.  First live music since the Pat Sharpe-compered 90's cheese festival from two Xmases ago, which means I can finally scratch off The Vengaboys as being the last act I'd seen (no regrets, mind, not many people can/want to say they've seen Cotton-Eyed Joe "performed" live).

Sadly two of the main acts I was most excited about seeing, We Lost The Sea and Oh Hiroshima (that were due to travel from Australia and Sweden respectively) have unsurprisingly pulled out.  Still though, plenty of good stuff and at this stage it's just going to be nice to catch up with folk I've not seen in 2 years.

Hopefully that's all I catch. 😬

May be an image of text that says "WEEKEND SOLD OUT RTALS FESTIVAL EXPERIMENTALROCK 11TH & 12TH SEPTEMBER 2021 YTICKETS £20 TICKETS STILL VALID ........ SATURDAY bossk ORENAROS AK/DK OHHMS BIG LAD VASA JO QUAIL •THE HYENA KILL LUO MIDAS FALL TACOMA NARROWS BRIDGE DISASTER ΚΑΤΙΕ MALCO NO VIOLET. MOUNTAIN CALLER LET'S SWIM GET SWIMMING SUGAR HORSE VOGONS• JUNGFRAU SUNDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER રાGAરર SPAVEN CALOPS ALPHA MALE TEA PARTY NERVUS HUMAN PYRAMIDS THE GURU GURU ·ITOLDYOUIWOULDEATYOU PIJN .CLT BICURIOUS. ELEVANT GARGANJUA BURIAL AT SEA MODERN RITUALS PARACHUTE FOR GORDO MEGAFLORA OR8DESIGN THE DOME BOSTON MUSIC ROOM ACES EIGHTS LONDON, NW5 1HL ORAINGE eventbrite www.portalsfestival.com ARTS COUNCIL ENGLAND"

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Portals festival up in London this weekend.  First live music since the Pat Sharpe-compered 90's cheese festival from two Xmases ago, which means I can finally scratch off The Vengaboys as being the last act I'd seen (no regrets, mind, not many people can/want to say they've seen Cotton-Eyed Joe "performed" live).

Sadly two of the main acts I was most excited about seeing, We Lost The Sea and Oh Hiroshima (that were due to travel from Australia and Sweden respectively) have unsurprisingly pulled out.  Still though, plenty of good stuff and at this stage it's just going to be nice to catch up with folk I've not seen in 2 years.

Hopefully that's all I catch. 😬

May be an image of text that says "WEEKEND SOLD OUT RTALS FESTIVAL EXPERIMENTALROCK 11TH & 12TH SEPTEMBER 2021 YTICKETS £20 TICKETS STILL VALID ........ SATURDAY bossk ORENAROS AK/DK OHHMS BIG LAD VASA JO QUAIL •THE HYENA KILL LUO MIDAS FALL TACOMA NARROWS BRIDGE DISASTER ΚΑΤΙΕ MALCO NO VIOLET. MOUNTAIN CALLER LET'S SWIM GET SWIMMING SUGAR HORSE VOGONS• JUNGFRAU SUNDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER રાGAરર SPAVEN CALOPS ALPHA MALE TEA PARTY NERVUS HUMAN PYRAMIDS THE GURU GURU ·ITOLDYOUIWOULDEATYOU PIJN .CLT BICURIOUS. ELEVANT GARGANJUA BURIAL AT SEA MODERN RITUALS PARACHUTE FOR GORDO MEGAFLORA OR8DESIGN THE DOME BOSTON MUSIC ROOM ACES EIGHTS LONDON, NW5 1HL ORAINGE eventbrite www.portalsfestival.com ARTS COUNCIL ENGLAND"

Have to say @GarethRDR you consistently find the best band named bands 😂

who wouldn’t want to listen to Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster?!? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

In that particular instance, I'm fairly certain said band employed the tried & tested Random Wikipedia Article™ method of naming.  A staple of the genre, for sure.

Hmm looks like I’m now a member of ‘Role-Playing Game Creation Software’ 

expect 8-bit electronic beats on magenta and cyan vinyl! 

😅

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Hmm looks like I’m now a member of ‘Role-Playing Game Creation Software’ 

expect 8-bit electronic beats on magenta and cyan vinyl! 

😅

Surely claret and blue vinyl instead?!

4 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

In that particular instance, I'm fairly certain said band employed the tried & tested Random Wikipedia Article™ method of naming.  A staple of the genre, for sure.

I'm not even sure what music I'm meant to be playing with this moniker 

Allylpalladium chloride dimer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allylpalladium_chloride_dimer

• Haha 1

Come check out Ford Hunger March. We've got an album playing in all good lifts near you.

"Ford Hunger March take muzak to another level - even introducing a pan pipe on their cover of 'Smells Like Teen Spirit'"- Melody Maker

"Ford Hunger March would probably have been Diana's favourite" - Daily Express

Â