The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Yeah, the prices for gigs are getting mad.

Nick Cave and Warren Ellis tour - there's a gig up the road from me - tickets are 95 quid plus fees for a decent seat.

Agree, love the album but there's no freakin way I'm paying that much for a ticket, I can go to the Futurama Festival for two whole days of bands I like for less

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cyrusr said:

Still think Sabbath missed a massive trick not playing their final show at Villa Park to be honest but there we are! This has probably been the best gig announced at Villa Park to date, although the competition is not high with Bon Jovi and Take That... 

Springsteen played Villa Park in '88, the obvious winner

38 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I see the Boo Radleys have decided to eat at the 40 plus indie nostalgia trough and have reformed. Playing the hare and hounds as well as other relatively small venues. 

Ha ha. The Boo Radleys without Martin Carr.

Sensible man Martin, he'll get all the PRS anyway so why bother putting up with Sice's ego

I put them on a few times in the early days, Martin is a lovely man, Sice was an arsehole

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Ha ha. The Boo Radleys without Martin Carr.

Sensible man Martin, he'll get all the PRS anyway so why bother putting up with Sice's ego

I put them on a few times in the early days, Martin is a lovely man, Sice was an arsehole

Hold on, no Martin Carr? I just assumed that as they were back under that name it was Martin Carr that instigated it. From The Boo Radleys then. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Hold on, no Martin Carr? I just assumed that as they were back under that name it was Martin Carr that instigated it. From The Boo Radleys then. 

I looked them up on Wiki and the 2021 lineup is Sice and the other two. Martin is listed as former member

On 17/08/2021 at 08:42, Big Salad said:

Bought tickets today for Lynyrd Skynyrd November 13th in Greensboro,NC.A little early bday present for myself.

Can't freaking wait🤙

Grew up just outside of Greensboro, saw pretty much all of my first shows there! ~20 years of life as a performing musician and guitar teacher in the South has, let's say, tempered my personal Skynyrd enthusiasm somewhat, though I have friends that have opened for them recently who say they still put on a killer show (and are much, much nicer than the guys in Molly Hatchet)!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

Grew up just outside of Greensboro, saw pretty much all of my first shows there! ~20 years of life as a performing musician and guitar teacher in the South has, let's say, tempered my personal Skynyrd enthusiasm somewhat, though I have friends that have opened for them recently who say they still put on a killer show (and are much, much nicer than the guys in Molly Hatchet)!

Oh ok cool pal yeah I've basically lived my whole life in/around Forsyth County.

This isn't my first concert of theirs I have been too but has been several years.I hope for a killer show again for sure!

Edited by Big Salad
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Oh ok cool pal yeah I've basically lived my whole life in/around Forsyth County.

This isn't my first concert of theirs I have been too but has been several years.I hope for a killer show again for sure!

Lived in Walkertown and Kernersville for the first 19 years of my life! What are the odds, ha! :cheers:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lindsey Buckingham playing the UK next May.

He's on my bucket list but sadly not playing Brum...so next nearest is Liverpool Philharmonic.

Anywhere cheap but decent to stay overnight round there @bicksteror should we just drive home after?

On 17/08/2021 at 09:30, cyrusr said:

Still think Sabbath missed a massive trick not playing their final show at Villa Park to be honest but there we are! This has probably been the best gig announced at Villa Park to date, although the competition is not high with Bon Jovi and Take That... 

agree with this. maybe just couldn't get a date that was outside the footy season. was at the final one...was a special night and performance wise, probably the best i've seen them.

• Like 3

Just found out the gig I was supposed to go to in March last year, that got moved to Sept last year, then next Monday ....is now September next year. Bugger! Good job I checked, mind.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, blandy said:

Just found out the gig I was supposed to go to in March last year, that govt moved to Sept last year, then next Monday ....is now September next year. Bugger! Good job I checked, mind.

I’m due for my first return gig in 2 weeks time and taking nothing for granted! Already been rearranged twice 😢

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Lindsey Buckingham playing the UK next May.

He's on my bucket list but sadly not playing Brum...so next nearest is Liverpool Philharmonic.

Anywhere cheap but decent to stay overnight round there @bicksteror should we just drive home after?

plenty of places to stay in Liverpool, let me have a think

Your problem is, it's the last day of the season and Redscouse are at home to the Dogheads. That'll be high prices in all the main hotels already

The Travelodge (Liverpool Docks) is currently at £120 that night already, The Ibis Is £217. the Campanile appears to be £500 (jesus wept!) I haven't found a place in the city centre less than £120 and even most of the usual hotels are at £230 plus, some have very limited availability, some are even fully booked already

Even the shitholes will be booked up and overpriced

Bit of a shame really you could have bought me loads of pints whilst I told you how shit a certain band are

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tomav84 said:

agree with this. maybe just couldn't get a date that was outside the footy season. was at the final one...was a special night and performance wise, probably the best i've seen them.

It was very good . I was very drunk, and head banging all night. Two lads In front of me were doing coke off the back of their  hands which they also shared with me,  I was also carrying anyway. Cracking night .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

plenty of places to stay in Liverpool, let me have a think

Your problem is, it's the last day of the season and Redscouse are at home to the Dogheads. That'll be high prices in all the main hotels already

The Travelodge (Liverpool Docks) is currently at £120 that night already, The Ibis Is £217. the Campanile appears to be £500 (jesus wept!) I haven't found a place in the city centre less than £120 and even most of the usual hotels are at £230 plus, some have very limited availability, some are even fully booked already

Even the shitholes will be booked up and overpriced

Bit of a shame really you could have bought me loads of pints whilst I told you how shit a certain band are

He’s basically asking to stay at your house. 

• Haha 1

Â