Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?

paddy

Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?  

451 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?

• Yes
    • No
    • It depends
    • Undecided

Are people not tired of posting "OMFG who are teh haterz who posted no?!" yet?

A little tiresome, yes. But I can't deny that I'm a little curious to why they've done that. But then again, no one should be forced to give a reason to their opinions. After all, not all of those who's said "yes" have given their reason either.

...Not that you should have to explain yourself to anyone...

Isn't the point of a discussion board that you do explain yourself, not just state your view and expect it to be accepted? That would be pretty tedious, don't you think?

...Not that you should have to explain yourself to anyone...

Isn't the point of a discussion board that you do explain yourself, not just state your view and expect it to be accepted? That would be pretty tedious, don't you think?

It is normally, but not on this thread or it would lead to carnage.

The club may be bigger than the manager

May? :shock: The Club Is MUCH BIGGER than any Manager!!!! glad we did clear that up :-)

I didn't mean "may" in the questioning sense of the word. I meant it as a word used to roll onto a "but". Don't worry, I'm a Villa fan over and above being a MON fan :)

depends...

due to our farsicle exit from the Uefa and both domestic cups

losing a huge lead over arsenal and a very strong 4th position finish

both of the above down to MON's actute tactical shortcomings and huge ego/pride

if we now lose out on 5th to Everton he shouldnt just walk he should be forcibly removed.

dont get me wrong he's done great so far but i cant help but feel like he's plateau'd

i dont think he has the ability tactically, or the astuteness in the transfer market, to take us beyond where we are.

its up to him to prove me wrong

depends...

if we now lose out on 5th to Everton he shouldnt just walk he should be forcibly removed.

dont get me wrong he's done great so far but i cant help but feel like he's plateau'd

i dont think he has the ability tactically, or the astuteness in the transfer market, to take us beyond where we are.

Your saying we should throw him out for having us finish 6th for two years running?

:shock: :o

I'd say I'm 70% for him. Probably down from 90% in December 08.

A bad summers business in the TF market and a continuation of our poor form up to, say October 09 and that could drop considerably lower.

When I look back at our home form, not just this season but over the three years he's been at the helm I don't think he's beyond criticism.

I don't think he's untouchable. And I certainly don't think we couldn't get anyone better.

Thats the negative.

The positive is, at least from a results perspective, we've made good progress overall since August 06.

We cannot exist in a constant change of flux and be looking to change manager at the drop of a hat. It hasn't worked for other clubs with bigger budgets than ours, I see no reason why we should automatically be different in that regard.

For me, he has more than enough credit in the bank to earn a crack at breaking the top 4. Or failing.

Our history post-war has been littered with extremes in fourtune, one great season followed by one dire one.

Only under Sir Brian and, to a certain extent JG, did we have a consistent run of high-placed finishes.

It stands to reason that if you are consistently closer to that end of the table over a period of time you have a better chance of eventually breaking the top 4 and beyond, than if you're constantly in the midst of a rebuilding job with new players and personnel.

Do I think MON is the man to deliver what we ultimately crave?

I have some pretty major doubts about that TBH. Based on some of his signings to-date and our style of football at times.

The best sides are comfortable in possession. I accept we are a counter attacking side not geared/ or dependant on long periods of possession. But we have defenders who absolutely shit it with the ball at their feet, and draw undue pressure on themselves. Better teams -home and abroad- can (and have) punished that.

England have three teams in the CL semis. Three. And a fourth was eliminated by one of those three. That is the sort of quality the Premier League provides. Ahead of us are some of the best teams in the world. How can anyone expect us to break their stranglehold on the CL and the PL. It will take years of hard work as well as lots of patience.

England have three teams in the CL semis. Three. And a fourth was eliminated by one of those three. That is the sort of quality the Premier League provides. Ahead of us are some of the best teams in the world. How can anyone expect us to break their stranglehold on the CL and the PL. It will take years of hard work as well as lots of patience.

If some fans could stop for a second and switch off their i want everything right now mentality then they might just realise this is the case.

I'm stunned someone wants him gone for finishing 6th two seasons in a row. :lol:

It's laughable, i'm just glad the majority can see sense and i'm confident randy is also a sensible man and MON will be given the chance to do his job.

I'm stunned someone wants him gone for finishing 6th two seasons in a row.

It's not happened yet. I'm in the camp of 4th isn't truely impossible yet, and yet West Ham will be five points off us if they beat us on Saturday (hopefully we can put that one to bed though).

depends...

Your saying we should throw him out for having us finish 6th for two years running?

:shock: :o

that's just daft.

OK, I give in....

Jesus H CHRIIIIIIISSSSSSST! I can't believe how frickin' STUPID some SO CALLED Villa fans are! What absolute brainless cretin voted no?! This thread makes me more ashamed than the time my mum caught me knocking one off over the Kays catalogue underwear section!

Of course we should keep him, there isn't another manager in the UNIVERSE who would be enticed by the thought of earning £3m at one of the biggest clubs in the best league in the world.

David O'Leary was right, we are FICKLE!

Â