Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?

paddy

Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?  

451 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?

• Yes
    • No
    • It depends
    • Undecided

There are some genuine reasons for concern right now I feel.

We must be a laughing stock to other fans.

What team goes from 16th to 5th in 3 seaons and the fans have genuine reasons for concern right now.

Every team outside the top 4 would trade places with us right now and yet some of us can't be happy with this. Since when is 5th place in one of the hardest leagues in the world not good enough for us?

This view certainly fits in with my one eyed category.

My view is that throwing away our best chance at champions league for a long time to a string of failures to win, despite dropping out of our european push to concentrate on the league is a genuine cause for concern.

If another club posted this thread some of you would be the first to link to it and be laughing at it. This is embarrassing.

If another team had conceded 18 goals in their last 6 games, and still thought they'd catch Arsenal, I'd link to that and laugh at it.

Don't you think there's a difference between a thread questioning our so called long term manager after what he's done and a temporary complacent moan from fans for not being fourth? If we get fourth now I would love it. Not just because we got champions league, because it would prove you and majority of the other depressing pessimists on this site wrong. Let's see how quick you are to reply then if that happens.

There are some genuine reasons for concern right now I feel.

We must be a laughing stock to other fans.

What team goes from 16th to 5th in 3 seaons and the fans have genuine reasons for concern right now.

Every team outside the top 4 would trade places with us right now and yet some of us can't be happy with this. Since when is 5th place in one of the hardest leagues in the world not good enough for us?

This view certainly fits in with my one eyed category.

My view is that throwing away our best chance at champions league for a long time to a string of failures to win, despite dropping out of our european push to concentrate on the league is a genuine cause for concern.

So not being good enough to break the top 4 and challenge for the uefa cup is a genuine cause for concern?

I've said it before but ridiculous expectations are the cause for alot of peoples negativity which is something the club and the manager can't do anything about.

Yes, some of us do bite back at any criticism and maybe unfairly brand some as 'anti-MON'. But by the same token this doesn't mean that we're all 'happy clappers' and think the sun shines out of his nether region either!

Maybe it's because that some people, despite their protestations otherwise, do SEEM to be anti-MON as they never post anything positive? Which, given the progress we've made thus far, is hardly a balanced view.

Guess it's the old glass half full/glass half empty question!!

And if the season thus far had been more balanced with the present losing streak spread around so that we were consistently 5th and 8 points behind 4th would you still be concerned?

Why can't people accept that we were over stretched and it came to soon for us as opposed to thinking ""Good signs here - another good transfer window this summer and we'll be in a great position"???

If another club posted this thread some of you would be the first to link to it and be laughing at it. This is embarrassing.

If another team had conceded 18 goals in their last 6 games, and still thought they'd catch Arsenal, I'd link to that and laugh at it.

Don't you think there's a difference between a thread questioning our so called long term manager after what he's done and a temporary complacent moan from fans for not being fourth? If we get fourth now I would love it. Not just because we got champions league, because it would prove you and majority of the other depressing pessimists on this site wrong. Let's see how quick you are to reply then if that happens.

How many people on this thread have actually said that they want the manager to leave?

By the way, I'd also love it if we finished 4th, and I'd be the first to admit I was wrong. It isn't going to happen though.

I haven't said people want him to leave I was saying there are plenty questioning him saying his transfers are rubbish, bad decisions blah blah blah etc you get the point.

You seem so sure on us not getting fourth, I wouldn't be yet. Arsenal have yet more injuries and top 3 to play.

People have been coming up with reasons that Arsenal will tail off for weeks now, and why we'd pick up due to having lots of nice breaks between games. Hasn't happened. Even if Arsenal lost all their remaining games, I still don't think we'd catch them.

So not being good enough to break the top 4 and challenge for the uefa cup is a genuine cause for concern?

Absolutely not, our strides have been magnificent I will not dispute that fact. I was at the games when we were really shit and it was very depressing.

However, a string of bad form and consecutive losses(particularly at home)/draws is. As well as the good times of our season these issues need to be addressed and discussed.

Something you omited from my post in your initial response was that I said I still thought Mon was the man for villa, though I have many things in our recent games that I feel could have been done differently.

We will see. I respect your opinion but I just feel it's too pessimistic and one sided, hence why I replied. That is all.

As soon as we get back to playing well, I'll be back to saying how well we played. However, while our defence is currently giving away over two goals a game, I'll say our defence is shite and that O'Neill is to blame as he created that defence.

We will see. I respect your opinion but I just feel it's too pessimistic and one sided, hence why I replied. That is all.

As soon as we get back to playing well, I'll be back to saying how well we played. However, while our defence is currently giving away over two goals a game, I'll say our defence is shite and that O'Neill is to blame as he created that defence.

At least you can construct a balanced reply and reasoning as to your opinions. I wouldn't say our defence is shite though every team goes through a bad patch, we have an OK defence I'd say but it does need improving, I think everyone can see that.

At least you can construct a balanced reply and reasoning as to your opinions. I wouldn't say our defence is shite though every team goes through a bad patch, we have an OK defence I'd say but it does need improving, I think everyone can see that.

And you can't.. so I can see why you'd respect someone who can.

It seems you're happy to point out the negatives.

The defence is poor at the moment and you enjoy pointing that out, however at the moment we are 5th (i will keep saying it) so why don't you look at that and give the manager credit for it?

Realistically we are in the best position we could hope to be, why do you focus on all the negatives and not praise this achievement?

And you can't.. so I can see why you'd respect someone who can.

:lol: Get a life, I don't agree with you on one of your opinions so you claim I don't know how to construct a balanced reply and basically disagree with everything I say for a reaction...grow up

Â