Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?

paddy

Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?  

451 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?

• Yes
    • No
    • It depends
    • Undecided

Well it was always said that 'it would take £100m to break the top 4' so given that we're 5th I don't think that's unreasonable.

Well it was always said that 'it would take £100m to break the top 4' so given that we're 5th I don't think that's unreasonable.

Firstly I voted yes, he's the man for us, if a little dodgy in the transfer windows at times! But We've spent £90m and we're not really in realistic contention for top 4 so inevitably we're going to have to spend more than another £10m to break into it.

Glad it's not my money!

We spent £90m from 13th or wherever we were. Moyes reckons it would take £100m FROM 5th to get 4th. That's the gap. So as I said, I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to think MON is doing well even given what he has spent to date.

What was the money spent before Last Summer though? I'm pretty sure he held off any signings that would've been silly to pass up (Young, Carew and Maloney).

I might be very wrong about it, I don't have any notes in front of me, but if true, that would mean he took us from 16th to 6th without spending anything at all (compared to other clubs). £90m from relegation candidates to Sky Four challengers in 3 seasons? I don't think even The Special One could pull that one off.

But then as I said..I might be being very selective about how I remember the previous seasons' transfers, so this might be a very invaild post :lol:

Edit: Just found a site with all our transfers on. No, I was totally wrong. I really need to brush up on AVFC recent history :lol:

A fair amount of transfers, alot of them quite good, a few gambles (Salifou and Maloney), and a few smart backup player investments (Heskey, Sidwell).

Yes for me. Interesting to see peoples view on this and happy to see that most still wants him here. He ain't perfect but he's very good. Not many managers are perfect. Not even Ferguson was perfect when he took charge at Manure but he's now. Or close to it. I want MON to get another couple of years and I think he'll take us very far.

Well I certainly wouldn't have expected any less given the money spent.

So you believe 16th to 5th in 4 seasons should be the absolute minimum requirement for him as a manager? If a team like blackburn or sunderland spent £90 million in the next 4 years do you think they would break the top 4?

I think 16th to 5th in 4 seasons is the best we could hope to achieve.

He had to clear out a squad only going one way while at the same time build his own team and help us progress, also his first season he didn't have a summer transfer so he had to start with what was left for him.

Since MON arrived has a premiership team improved as much as villa have?

And you can throw the money he's had back at me but spurs, newcastle and man city have spent loads in the same period of time and it hasn't helped them progress.

Here is some more why I don't like him to be here next season.

his strange team selection with playing players out of position, he had 6 transfer windows to get the right players in the right position, the LB he got was not good enough so therefor he did play our only RB there for a long time..Pathetic

I said it long before we started to fall down the league,that we was playing shit for most of our games, and was very lucky to be on 3th or 4th spot.. away win against West ham, Hull,Everton was very lucky..

Many of the players MON have purchase in his time here will never be good enough for top 4, so if the really was a 5 year plan to begin with, then it's already dead with those players and the money spent on them

I never blame our players for the shit we are in, cause i know who's fault it is.. it's our manager!

And If you dream about to see players like Vágner Love here in the summer then forget it, MON's name will never attract players like that when we are not in CL..

it will more be players like Nicky Butt and Kevin Doyle we will see here in the summer.. lovely

And No I'm not embarrassed by saying no to MON, why should I? he's not even a Villa fan like me

With the odd exception, it's just not possible to buy players 'good enough' for the top 4 until we are in it, they won't come. You have to get the best of what else is available.

I also don't understand how you claim we're in some kind of shit - we're in 5th place!!

Â