Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?

paddy

Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?  

451 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?

• Yes
    • No
    • It depends
    • Undecided

Current form is a snapshot. While it is undoubtedly crap it should not be used to judge a manager's value to his club unless of course there is an agenda.

OK and you ignore the rest of the season?

No I don't, but the position we where in Dec,Jan;Feb don't mean anything, the only thing that matters is the position we are in when the season ends..

and I haven't been too impressed with way we have played most of the season.. almost like the old Leicester team

Absolutely. In charge for as many years as possible.

I'd hate to see him anywhere else.

He can make this club into something the way Fergie did with Man U, given time.

And even if he doesn't ..

We will look back on his time as a golden age.

Current form is a snapshot. While it is undoubtedly crap it should not be used to judge a manager's value to his club unless of course there is an agenda

Right, but think about the players he has got in? I can see more of this coming in near future, Unfortunately

He is the best man for the job. Who could we get that would be better??? Let's be honest with our selves, we are a top 8 side (along with Everton, Tottenham, Newcastle - possibly Man City now), not a top 4 side. So as long as we are regularly in Europe I won't be complaining.

Current form is a snapshot. While it is undoubtedly crap it should not be used to judge a manager's value to his club unless of course there is an agenda

Right, but think about the players he has got in? I can see more of this coming in near future, Unfortunately

Since most of the players in this team are O'Neills now, and we're looking like another top 6 finish, um... his players can't be that bad. Unless there's some unknown force that we're unaware of that has made us do this well.

Since most of the players in this team are O'Neills now, and we're looking like another top 6 finish, um... his players can't be that bad. Unless there's some unknown force that we're unaware of that has made us do this well.

The thing is that fans who don't like O'Neill will look at signings such as Heskey, Salifou, Knight, Shorey, Sidwell and say "They are not good enough signings for our club". Yet they are hardly first choice selections. In our best XI, MON has signed Friedel, Luke Young, Davies, Milner, Ashley Young, Petrov and Carew. That's over half the starting team.

He has bought average squad players out of necessity. If he didn't buy, and we got an injury, we'd be screwed. If he bought all top class, and kept some out of the side, they would get stroppy, not play as well when brought in, and we'd be screwed. He can't win either way.

Truth is it is MON who has got us on the verge of the Champions League, through his signings which make up the majority of our first team, and his general management of the team.

And If you dream about to see players like Vágner Love here in the summer then forget it, MON's name will never attract players like that when we are not in CL..

it will more be players like Nicky Butt and Kevin Doyle we will see here in the summer.. lovely

What a pathetic attitude. Who cares what names we sign as long as we do well.

We are in 5th place with these signings that you seem to despise so much.

Glad to see its an overwhelming Yes. I didn't expect anything different as even though on numerous threads on here there are a fair few comments against Mon it is by the same tiny minority.

The man has done a remarkable job. Anyone who seriously thought it would be plain sailing all the way is a deluded fool in my opinion. Despite the odd blip, one of which we are in now, overall we have made unbelievable progress and I have seen nothing to suggest that this can not continue over the coming years even though I again accept that there will be more blips along the way.

Overall its good to see Mon has the backing and belief of the overwhelming majority of supporters and from the recent comments from the General the backing and belief of the chairman and board.

Truth is it is MON who has got us on the verge of the Champions League, through his signings which make up the majority of our first team, and his general management of the team.

Dear friend, with the money he have spent would you expect any worse than top 6? look what DOL did with almost no Money under Doug

Dear friend, with the money he have spent would you expect any worse than top 6? look what DOL did with almost no Money under Doug

You mean build a team which rose quickly and then fell to near relegation?

Unfortunately you have to spend more and more money to do keep going in football now. When Sunderland got into the Prem last season, they spent £40m which just kept them out of the relegation scrap. Spurs spent loads and have only started to climb the table. Yes we'd have done worse without spending as much. But that's just the nature of the game.

Yeah DOL finished us 16th...

Man City, Spurs have all spent loads of money and are nowhere near us, so he must be doing somerhing right.

Nearly got us relegated and as you said yourself on the previous page, the finishing position is all important - we missed out on Europe. Then he fell out with his players, just like he did at Leeds, because he was a dickhead.

MON is building something here and I hope he gets to see it through.

I have read a few threads stating that we are lucky to have MON. Maybe so, but i was always brought up on the old addage, 'the club is bigger than anyone.'

I rather tend to think that although MON is a good manager, he has yet to prove that he is a great manager with any of his clubs! It is he who is lucky to be the manager of our great club and i have yet to hear him saying this. He is also lucky to be given complete control of team affairs and transfers and to have a chairman who indeed backs him 100%.

Just getting a little pissed off with the opinion that we all should bow down and be eternally grateful when in the presence of the great MON, who hasn't won anything yet! I also tend to agree with those who suggest that spending 90 million should have secured at least sixth place! I don't think Randy would have settled for much less?

I'll state again, i voted undecided and will wait until the end of MON's so called '5 year plan' before giving a final opinion on his overal performance?

Â