Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?

paddy

Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?  

451 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?

• Yes
    • No
    • It depends
    • Undecided

Well it's a yes from me, however I fully understand why there would be some NO's and 'It depends' as that is the nature of the game. In fact looking at the landslide victory for YES was a bit of a surprise and does seem to go against what some people feel is the situation on here and other net forums regarding our manager.

This is the view that comes closest to matching my own. I started this thread expecting the 'yes' to win and fairly comfortably. But not by this much. And that is why I created this thread, to see what the split of views was. I hope it's been interesting for at least some of you. It has for me.

I believe 5th place is the best possible finish we could have hoped for at this stage in the MON and Randy master plan. We look like we could achieve this so why on earth would anyone not want him here next season.

From what he has done so far he deserves more time to try and get us into that top 4.

Anyone thinking and demanding we should be there by now is crazy.

The top 4 don't develop talent, are you sure? How old were Fabregas, Rooney and Ronaldo when they signed for Arsenal and Man U? Curtis Davies is also 24, and has played in the top 2 divsions for the last four years. He's not exactly some raw teenager like Macheda.

I never said they don't develop talent, I said they don't have to rely on developing talent like we do. At £26 mill, Rooney was hardly raw talent anyway. Wenger does like to nurture talent but can also sign the likes of Arshavin to get him out the shit. Another small factor you may want to consider is Wenger has had almost 10 years to MONs 3.

12 and a half years actually.

The top 4 don't develop talent, are you sure? How old were Fabregas, Rooney and Ronaldo when they signed for Arsenal and Man U? Curtis Davies is also 24, and has played in the top 2 divsions for the last four years. He's not exactly some raw teenager like Macheda.

I never said they don't develop talent, I said they don't have to rely on developing talent like we do. At £26 mill, Rooney was hardly raw talent anyway. Wenger does like to nurture talent but can also sign the likes of Arshavin to get him out the shit. Another small factor you may want to consider is Wenger has had almost 10 years to MONs 3.

12 and a half years actually.

I think what you mean to say is, Arsenal don't have to obey the rules and sign players like Arshavin outside the transfer window so the FA can reap the marketing rewards of their more popular so called top 4 teams in Europe. End of story.

I voted undecided.

Main reason for me is that as far as I am concerned the gospel according to Sky is that 'the four' will remain 'the four', and the FA and their referees will uphold Sky's wishes, so chasing a final league position above 5 is not achievable. Therefore I pay my money to watch home games and be entertained, with a decent percentage of wins. This season we have won a pitiful 5 home games, as many as West Brom or Middlesbrough, and some of the football that we have witnessed is atrocious.

So, when we finish 5th, the team will have improved over last season, and the manager will have reached the pinnacle of what he can achieve at the club in league terms. Thus far his cup record at the Villa has been appalling. Next season he needs to put a cup on the shelf, any cup will do, just to keep the interest alive.

Have voted undecided due to a lot of his dealings in the transfer market, in my opinion, not standing up to scrutiny. Will wait until the end of his '5 year plan' before giving the :thumb:s up???

Â