Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?

paddy

Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?  

451 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?

• Yes
    • No
    • It depends
    • Undecided

Of course our home record is nothing to be proud off....im not happy with our home record.

Are you not happy with our away record?

With the points yes, but look at the performances in most of the games, Hull away, West Ham away, Portsmouth away etc. we were bloody rubbish and very lucky and i said so at the time. You could count our great performances this season on one hand.

The amount of times I have seen Man Utd under-perform, then go and win games at the death, and go on to win the title. Like last season when they scored in the 90th min at Anfield and went on to win the league.

I'm not bothered about performances when we can close out games. That's what we seem to have forgotten how to do. We stopped Hull scoring away, we stopped West Ham scoring away, we stopped Pompey scoring away, and we scraped the victories. But now we're slacking and it's bullshit.

You could count our great performances this season on one hand.

This has certainly been a problem for a while. There arnt many games over the season that we have won and I have thought "shit, we were fantastic today and we thoroughly deserved to win". I think we've all kind of known this over the season as I have seen the old "if we win whilst were playing shit thats a great team" excuse being banded around oh too often.

This has definitely come back to haunt us now.

Of course our home record is nothing to be proud off....im not happy with our home record.

Are you not happy with our away record?

With the points yes, but look at the performances in most of the games, Hull away, West Ham away, Portsmouth away etc. we were bloody rubbish and very lucky and i said so at the time. You could count our great performances this season on one hand.

fulham, portsmouth, Stoke, Wigan and even today....we controlled the game for most 80% of the match and missed alot of chances in all those games...it works both ways.

Points is what matters and at the moment we have good points tally.

We need to play direct at home simple as that. Surely the results prove this counter style only works away. Now all we need are the right players to give us this felxibility, get to it MON! :bang:

• 4 weeks later...

Of course I'd want MON to stay! 3 years ago if I were offered 5th/6th then I'd have taken it righ there and then. MON has done a superb job and I believe he will continue to do so, he aint failed anywhere and it aint about change.

I was definately Yes, but I think i've now moved into the depends category.

# We've been now better than a relegation side for 3 months now.

# Many of his signings just arent good enough. 1 Great signing, a few good solid signings, and way too many crap purchases!

# Many strange decisions occuing on the pitch, so many times players have been used in a position they arent comfortable in. Strange substitutions or no substitutions when we need them. And hy hasnt he tried doing something different during this awful run!

We'll see i guess. But, on the evidence thus far, i dont think he's good enough in the transfer market to brng in the players to take us to the next level.

We'll see i guess. But, on the evidence thus far, i dont think he's good enough in the transfer market to brng in the players to take us to the next level.

Not just picking on you, but I don't understand comments like this.

MON has basically got a completely new squad of players than what DOL had, we've goe from relegation battling to successive top 6 finishes.. yet his transfers are crap? Well, there's something missing there then, unless Barry is single handedly doing it for us. He's taken us up qute a few levels already and there's nothing to suggest he won't take us further.

Agreed.

MON has obviously bought some flops but a few gems as well. It happens to every manager, even the best. Some players just don't show the form which was the reason they were bought or they don't fit in to how to team plays as well as thought.

No question he is the right man, since when have we had so much success, best league finish for 10 years and big crowds, feel good factor, just very disappointing how we limped out of the UEFA Cup when i look @ the finalists and think that we could have easily overcome either sides. Also MON's failure in the transfer market in January hampered our challenge for 4th place, look @ Arsenal they r falling apart, i would like to see the return of Thomas Hitzlsperger who is playing well in the Bundesliga with Stuttgart if Barry leaves.

Hope lives eternal. :clap:

Yes, absolutely. Unquestionably. Who got us into fourth by February? Okay, we have had a three month slump in three years. And have we improved over his term. Yes.

Hitz is another who drifted in and out of games. And Arsenal were always going to come good once their players returned. Their team is light years ahead of ours, as are the other three at the top of the league. It is a shame that a quite a few Villa fans got carried away of the Champions League pipedream. It was never going to happen once Arsenal clicked into gear.

I was definately Yes, but I think i've now moved into the depends category.

# We've been now better than a relegation side for 3 months now.

# Many of his signings just arent good enough. 1 Great signing, a few good solid signings, and way too many crap purchases!

# Many strange decisions occuing on the pitch, so many times players have been used in a position they arent comfortable in. Strange substitutions or no substitutions when we need them. And hy hasnt he tried doing something different during this awful run!

I agree completely with your third point and it is that that causes me to worry. I think our squad is good enough with three or four decent signings - CB, back up RB, two wide players and a fourth striking option - but wonder whether MOn has the tactical nous to fully utilise it.

wow 13 people dont want MON as manager from this forum alone.

Absolutely incredible.

Seeing things like this make me think that we dont deserve success, or MON for that matter.

Dont dwell on the negatives ... 92% behind MON is an incredible figure and truth is the 'noise' on this forum does not reflect the simple truth that most fans are behind Martin and remain strongly pro everything he is doing

It was never always going to be up up up, how we respond to this period will show the mettle of the man. the owner and the team !!

Â