Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?

paddy

Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?  

451 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want MON as manager next season, yes or no?

• Yes
    • No
    • It depends
    • Undecided

Hmmm... As at 1419 on April 16th, the percentages stand at Yes - 92%, No - 2%, It depends - 2%, Undecided - 2%.

That adds up tp 98% so what about the missing 2%?

To two dec places it is actually

92.12%

2.86%

2.39%

2.63%

So it's in the roundings

While he has frustrated it my lately with a lot of his decisions and I have disagreed with his action more in the last 6 months than at any time of his reign, yes.

Quite simply I can't think of a single potential candidate who could replace him and do a better job.

I'm actually surprised it's so overwhelmingly in his favour given some of the sniping we see on this board. I'm a strong 'yes' so I'm glad to see it, but still a little surprised!!
A lot of people have said something similar. I can only speak for myself but I don't worship the ground MON treads or feel there's any faith I have to keep. I think he has made the odd mistake (I went ballistic when I first heard he was sending a weakened squad to Moscow). I wasn't too happy about the lack of proper right backs.

Do I want MON as manager? Yes. Do I want him to radically change the way he is or the way he does things? No. So what do i say? No? Undecided? It depends?

I said yes. And I said yes because he's the best manager we've had in years and because there's no one else out there I'd rather have as manager.

If some insist in seeing totally in black and white that's their prerogative.

I've not polled because it will make it out of context.

Do I want MON here next season - answer is undoubtably "yes"

However,

He has made huge mistakes in his time at the Villa, and most notably in January and February this year. But there are others like letting Cahill go.

Should he be given time to show he has learned from them mistakes, and can rectify them - Yes

Should he be allowed to make those mistakes again - No.

So , in short, he has my support for next season, but if we see a repeat of the last three months next year, then I will believe he has done all he can, and think time for a change.

hes always going to make mistakes.

Ferguson makes mistakes

Wenger makes Mistakes

Mourinho makes mistakes

every manager makes mistakes.

Spot on. The perfect manager, who doesn't make mistakes, doesn't exist.

What I expect from Mon over the coming years is for him to keep improving us and pushing us forward. I also accept though that along the way he will make mistakes and we will have bad results and run of results, has we have recently, but overall I believe he will continue to take us forward.

Ferguson makes mistakes

Wenger makes Mistakes

Mourinho makes mistakes

What I expect from Mon over the coming years is for him to keep improving us and pushing us forward. I also accept though that along the way he will make mistakes and we will have bad results and run of results, has we have recently, but overall I believe he will continue to take us forward.

Thats the point - all managers make mistakes, MON has made mistakes

The difference is, average managers don't see the mistakes (Mowbray !)

Good managers make mistakes and more mistakes and more mistakes

Great managers make few mistakes, and very rarely make the same mistake twice ! (perfect example was Fergies replacement for Schmiecal)

We will see next season which one of the three MON is.

Now spending 30 million quid of Shorey, Davies, Young, Cueller and Knight - and still ending up playing NRC as centre back and Gardner at RB whilst Young is at LB - thats a mistake !. Is he allowed it - yes. If we are still the same next season - then you have gotta ask the question what the hell is he doing.

It's as simple as that really. You can state your reasons if you want, but don't start arguing with each other or commenting on other peoples opinions or this will inevitably get locked within about 3 posts.
and
Topic tidied up a little, can we refrain from having the debate please. By al means say which way you voted and give reason but there are countless topics all over this website where the debate can be had. Just not here Ta
My, how we seem to have moved on since page 3. :D

Ferguson makes mistakes

Wenger makes Mistakes

Mourinho makes mistakes

Thats the point - all managers make mistakes, MON has made mistakes

The difference is, average managers don't see the mistakes (Mowbray !)

Good managers make mistakes and more mistakes and more mistakes

Great managers make few mistakes, and very rarely make the same mistake twice ! (perfect example was Fergies replacement for Schmiecal)

We will see next season which one of the three MON is.

Now spending 30 million quid of Shorey, Davies, Young, Cueller and Knight - and still ending up playing NRC as centre back and Gardner at RB whilst Young is at LB - thats a mistake !. Is he allowed it - yes. If we are still the same next season - then you have gotta ask the question what the hell is he doing.

If you actually look at the number of ‘massive’ mistakes even someone like Fergie has made you wonder how he’s survived. The point seems to me that the amount of ‘massive’ right decisions have outweighed them. For every Veron you have a Cantona, Ronaldo, etc, etc... And I doubt very much that he would ever publicly admit he has ever made a mistake! So in the case of MON it seems to me that the positives still outweigh the negatives. Now over the next couple of seasons we will be reaching a critical point; can he take us further, and here’s a galling one maybe the club itself can’t reach the heights it once did....

It's easier to overlook Ferguson's mistakes given the number of trophies he's won.

Good job he was given a chance to win all those trophies wasn't it.

Exactly. How many manyoo fans wanted fergie out all those years ago? Every manager should be given a decent chance. It's easier to turn a relegation team into a mid-table team than a mid-table team into a CL team. MON has taken us from looking like relegation candidates to certainties for a top 6 finish in less than 3 seasons. Granted top 4 is not very close this season but why get rid of a manager who has moved the club forward?

Would that be Taibi, Bosnich,Barthez, Howard, Carroll or any of the other keepers he used before he signed Van Der Sar?

MON has made mistakes but he has got many more things right than wrong. Keep doing that and he wil be a Villa manager for as long as he wants.

It's all very easy for us to criticise him for his mistakes now. And they were mistakes, but who knows what could've happened if it had panned out differently.

Shorey slots right in at right back and we have a solid back 4 all season long. We dont conceed silly or soft goals (especially when a Cuellar given free kick is involved).

Heskey could've come in as a perfect backup to Carew, and Gabby reads his flicks perfectly. We go on an immense winning streak, because of that strike partnership.

We send the weakened Moscow team (which was the right call IMO) but instead of choking in the League, we're still 6 points ahead come May.

If it turned out like that no one will have voted "No" to MoN. I think it's great we have a manager who is willing to gamble smaller prizes for the Holy Grail. It doesn't always pay off, but if it did it wouldn't be a gamble.

I'm actually surprised it's so overwhelmingly in his favour given some of the sniping we see on this board. I'm a strong 'yes' so I'm glad to see it, but still a little surprised!!
A lot of people have said something similar. I can only speak for myself but I don't worship the ground MON treads or feel there's any faith I have to keep. I think he has made the odd mistake (I went ballistic when I first heard he was sending a weakened squad to Moscow). I wasn't too happy about the lack of proper right backs.

Do I want MON as manager? Yes. Do I want him to radically change the way he is or the way he does things? No. So what do i say? No? Undecided? It depends?

I said yes. And I said yes because he's the best manager we've had in years and because there's no one else out there I'd rather have as manager.

If some insist in seeing totally in black and white that's their prerogative.

I think that's a good summary. I'm entirely happy having him as manager. I'm not entirely happy with every one of his decisions, and I don't expect to be.

I don't see him as faultless or beyond reproach, and I think it's ludicrous that a few people can't seem to distinguish between being very happy with having him as manager (and therefore prepared to accept his decisions, despite happening to disagree with some of them) and some sort of hero worship.

It's easier to overlook Ferguson's mistakes given the number of trophies he's won.

Good job he was given a chance to win all those trophies wasn't it.

6 years to win the league and if he had not won the FA cup he was out, older fans tell me about the day we beat them at Villa Park and their fans were singing 'Fergie on the dole', time is what makes the best clubs and managers.

Â