The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I think I like Tarantino's last films more than say Pulp fiction. Never got the greatness of that one.

I knew I wasnt the only one. Its good but its not a great film for me. always preferred Reservoir DOgs myself

Exactly what I think.

Saw the rock on tv a few nights ago, and it ruined my childhood love of the film. The stark reality of nicholas cage's "acting" was so depressing / hilariously awful. It's the eyes. They're proper manic. Con Air has also bizarrely been on a few times it seems. Daft fun though, a background film to put on when channel surfing. 

Watched The Master last night. Thought it was ok - liked certain parts of it, others seemed a bit self indulgent and I just don't really like Joaquin Phoenix which didn't help. Seymour-Hoffman was splendid though

The Rock and Face Off were both epic movies

Broken Arrow was another of my faves

WOULD YOU MIND NOT SHOOTING AT THE THERMONUCLEAR WEAPONS

John Woo and John Travolta awesome combo

Edited by AshVilla

What are the intelligencia in this thread saying about 'Only God Forgives'? People who I don't trust have said it's rubbish where someone I do trust has said "It's actually a very good film, not suited to people with reduced brain capacity. If you like to think about a film afterwards and figure it out (a la anything Lynch has done) you'll love it. Even if you don't like/know what's happening, you'll at least appreciate the visuals."

What are the intelligencia in this thread saying about 'Only God Forgives'? People who I don't trust have said it's rubbish where someone I do trust has said "It's actually a very good film, not suited to people with reduced brain capacity. If you like to think about a film afterwards and figure it out (a la anything Lynch has done) you'll love it. Even if you don't like/know what's happening, you'll at least appreciate the visuals."

I've nothing to say regarding Only God Forgives but when did anyone ever "work out" anything David Lynch has ever done? ;)

ive got the feeling im going to find OGF frustrating as **** cos gosling doesnt say anything, KST to give a great performance, Pansringarm to be even better and the city to look stunning but for the whole thing to feel a bit pointlessly violent

problem ive got is that the gf has absolutely no intention of watching it, she didnt like drive and refused to watch a place beyond the pines too

I thought OGF was great. It IS an arthouse movie and it has a very limited narrative but it kept me entertained and it's superbly directed. It's also one that nags at the back of your mind after you've seen it, which is usually a good thing in my opinion.

True Lies is a movie knowing what it's doing. Making scenes so over the top you can't take it seriously and it's very funny.

Armageddon and Con Air are movies that try to be serious, as in you believe that is what is happening. With no knowingly joking at itself. That's why they're turds.

Â