The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched Leon: Directors Cut the other night for the first time in absolutely ages. Forgotten how good it was.

underage Natalie Portman ftw ....errmmm :oops: thinking out loud again

She was twelve when they filmed Leon. :?

that's legal inMexico ..

Lost in Translation. It's brilliant.

Well acted.

Eye candy in the shape of Scarlett.

Best opening shot in cinema history.

Funny.

Well written.

Touching.

Brilliant soundtrack.

Nothing wrong with it. It's brilliant and if you don't like it, you're wrong.

;)

Finally Watched Syrianna tonight a far better performance from Clooney than the bought oscar nomination he got for up in the air

not a bad film but not one to watch with a bird as she will spend the whole film asking you what's going on

Just watch Heat for the first time in about 10 years, still love it.

That's the most over-rated film in movie history, I've watched it 3-4 times now and every time I've thought "what the **** is the fuss all about?"

Really boring from start to finish, and I might add that Michael Mann is a twot. Every film he's every been involved with has been **** crap.

That's the most over-rated film in movie history, I've watched it 3-4 times now and every time I've thought "what the **** is the fuss all about?"

Really boring from start to finish, and I might add that Michael Mann is a twot. Every film he's every been involved with has been **** crap.

Have to disagree with you there. Whilst his films may not all be excellent, many of them are at least worth a watch. Plus, in my opinion 'Public Enemies' is a brilliant film. Plus, I'm a fan of 'Heat' aswell.

Then there are others that may not be great, yet are worth a watch. Such as: 'Collateral', 'The Insider' (actually a very good one), The Last of the Mohicans' and 'Thief'.

I wouldn't call any of them "**** crap" to be honest....

You are obviously welcome to your opinion, I think you are wrong, totally wrong but there you go.

Heat is brilliant. As is Collateral, IMO. Nothing wrong with Last of the Mohicans. Yet to see Public enemies.

Yesterday I finally saw Avatar. Quite a stunning movie. The story is so and so, but the rest. Wow!

not a bad film but not one to watch with a bird as she will spend the whole film asking you what's going on

I think all films should have a rating for this sort of thing so you know to stay well clear when watching with women.

IMO heat is a great film, brilliant performances by just about everyone, decent enough plot, good action scene, good ending, maybe the wrong side of long

i also really like LotM, but im not a fan of collateral, thought it twisted and turned nicely but it tries not to be, but it is a bit daft

Heat was the first ever DVD i bought, as I remember, I'd just gotten a laptop and wanted to watch something. Found it in a market for a tenner. Watched it with bulgarian subtitles on for the novelty.

I thought was ok, quite good, not amazing though. Perhaps some streamlining in places could have helped.

One I do want to watch Is The Infidel as it stars Richard Schiff. Who is great. Anyone seen it yet?

What????

Manhunter was **** great! Ali wasn't bad either, nor The Keep

Watched A Serious Man last night. I don't mind admitting I didn't understand it. Checked imdb and it's apparently about the Book of Job and Schrödinger’s bloody Cat. Not a film to be watched while nursing a hangover.

Â