The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

has anyone ever seen The Outsiders? its a francis ford Copelo movie.. i really want to see it but apparently it hasnt been released on dvd in uk yet? does anyone know how i can get hold of it?

Not sure where you can get it, it's decent enough though and features early performances from Tom Cruise, Matt Dillon, Patrick Swayze and Rob Lowe.

To spice up the on-screen aggression between the greasers and the socs, Coppola had the actors that played the socs stay in plush accommodation and gave them neat, leather bound versions of the script, while the greaser actors were given low level accommodation and tatty scripts.

By the way, Rumble Fish which Coppola made back to back with this is the far superior movie.

has anyone ever seen The Outsiders? its a francis ford Copelo movie.. i really want to see it but apparently it hasnt been released on dvd in uk yet? does anyone know how i can get hold of it?

Not sure where you can get it, it's decent enough though and features early performances from Tom Cruise, Matt Dillon, Patrick Swayze and Rob Lowe.

To spice up the on-screen aggression between the greasers and the socs, Coppolo had the actors that played the socs stay in plush accommodation and gave them neat, leather bound versions of the script, while the greaser actors were given low level accommodation and tatty scripts.

By the way, Rumble Fish which Copolla made back to back with this is the far superior movie.

cheers for that mate

i might have to get it on region 1 from america maybe?

yep seen Rumble Fish ..good film

To spice up the on-screen aggression between the greasers and the socs, Coppolo had the actors that played the socs stay in plush accommodation and gave them neat, leather bound versions of the script, while the greaser actors were given low level accommodation and tatty scripts.

By the way, Rumble Fish which Copolla made back to back with this is the far superior movie.

cheers for that mate

Strange it hasn't been released in the UK. :? It was released over here a long time ago. I like it. Haven't seen Rumble fish but might try to get my hands on it.

And about outsiders and early performances you can also include Emilio Estevez, Ralph Macchio and C. Thomas Howell. Ralph as usual playing a 14 year old despite being well over 20. Talk about baby face.

cheers for that mate

Strange it hasn't been released in the UK. :? It was released over here a long time ago. I like it. Haven't seen Rumble fish but might try to get my hands on it.

And about outsiders and early performances you can also include Emilio Estevez, Ralph Macchio and C. Thomas Howell. Ralph as usual playing a 14 year old despite being well over 20. Talk about baby face.

Yeh you can catch Rumble Fish on film 4 every now and then and if your a member of lovefilm then i strongly recommend it. so u can get in on vhs??? l

Ralph was about 30 odd in the last Karate Kid..wasnt he? lol

watched role models on blu ray last night, the film is great, the black kid is brilliant "**** you miss daisy" has me in stiches every time

but the great thing is the blu ray, tons of extras, including funny bloopers and 42 extra scenes! most IIRC ive ever seen on a dvd

cheers for that mate

Yeh you can catch Rumble Fish on film 4 every now and then and if your a member of lovefilm then i strongly recommend it. so u can get in on vhs??? l

If you mean Outsiders on vhs then, no. Well, maybe I could, but it's been released on DVD over here for a long time. I've actually had 2 copies of it. :oops: Technically I've still got two but one is borrowed by an old friend that I haven't seen in too long time.

Saw "Them" last night. I liked it. Very disturbing and based on a true story in Romania. A little like "Eden Lake" but even more disturbing.

cheers for that mate

If you mean Outsiders on vhs then, no. Well, maybe I could, but it's been released on DVD over here for a long time. I've actually had 2 copies of it. :oops: Technically I've still got two but one is borrowed by an old friend that I haven't seen in too long time.

Saw "Them" last night. I liked it. Very disturbing and based on a true story in Romania. A little like "Eden Lake" but even more disturbing.

Outsiders on dvd? where did u get it from? i tried to get it on lovefilm and it said it hasnt been released yet. was gonna get it on Amazon but it was only on region 1.

i watched ''Milk'' last night... not bad see why it won awards

Probably a good a thread as any to put this in. If there are any fans of Toy Story out there who want the Blu Ray of 1 + 2, Play.com are selling them in the buy one get one free promotion so you can have both Toy Story and Toy Story 2 (BluRay and DVD included in the same box) for a total of £16.98. Which is a bargain for such gems.

Bargain

To spice up the on-screen aggression between the greasers and the socs, Coppola had the actors that played the socs stay in plush accommodation and gave them neat, leather bound versions of the script, while the greaser actors were given low level accommodation and tatty scripts.

By the way, Rumble Fish which Coppola made back to back with this is the far superior movie.

Rumble Fish was a great flick. What a cast-

Matt Dillon

Mickey Rourke

Lawrence Fishburne

Tom Waits

Dennis Hopper

Diane Lane

Chris Penn

Nicholas Cage

Francis Ford Copolla has a new movie out, first original screenplay since The Conversation!!

It looks amazing, shot in perfectly crips black and white.

I've a hard on for good black and white.

So i'm looking forward to this.

what's it called? have you got a link for the trailer? :-)

Â