The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I just watched Arn: the Knight Templar on Bluray, based on the trilogy by Jan Guillou. I quite enjoyed it. Especially the final battle where Arn (Joakim Natterqvist) is leading his people into battle and he has a full beard, looking like a certain Olof Mellberg in full flight. Made me want to grab my sword and jump into the telly, following Ollie into battle :)

arn-knight-templar.jpg

Not exactly one I would recommend now, as I haven't seen it since I was around seven years old. However the vidogame film just reminded me of this:

The-Wizard.jpg

Anyone remember it? By the way, the girl in it (Jenny Lewis) has grown up to be quite a stunner.

watched "LAYER CAKE" again the other night

forgot how good it was

The thing about Layer Cake is that you get more out of it if you spot the inummerable references to other British crime movies that feature in it - Lock Stock, Mona Lisa, The Long Good Friday, Get Carter, etc., etc.

Not exactly one I would recommend now, as I haven't seen it since I was around seven years old. However the vidogame film just reminded me of this:

The-Wizard.jpg

Anyone remember it? By the way, the girl in it (Jenny Lewis) has grown up to be quite a stunner.

Indeed she has

jenny_lewis.jpg

FINALLY got round to Shutter Island.

Pretty good, would've enjoyed it more if I didn't figure it out after 5 minutes though :|

***Spoiler***

My mate said the same and I asked him whether he honestly figured out that it was all staged as part of a therapy, which IMO is near impossible to figure out anywhere near the beginning of the film. And 90% of the film is the staging of events, working out he is a patient is the obvious bit, that doesn't really tell you what was going on though.

King of Kong

Excellent. A few reviews here

One of my favourite films of last year (page 28 of this thread). Seems like the director took a whole lot of liberties with the editing process though if you check out the Twin Galaxies forum.

Great movie though.

Just a heads up...Looked into this one and it is free to watch online for anyone with a lovefilm subscription. Hopefully will get onto it later.

FINALLY got round to Shutter Island.

Pretty good, would've enjoyed it more if I didn't figure it out after 5 minutes though :|

***Spoiler***

My mate said the same and I asked him whether he honestly figured out that it was all staged as part of a therapy, which IMO is near impossible to figure out anywhere near the beginning of the film. And 90% of the film is the staging of events, working out he is a patient is the obvious bit, that doesn't really tell you what was going on though.

***spoiler alert***

Well obviously I didn't get all the details, but when he said that 'he's seen something like this before' when reaching the electric perimeter it sort of made it click right away he was a patient. Then around 10 minutes later when he gets told the story of Rachel it just made me realise this is all his working and imagination. The only bit i didnt get was how it was a part of therapy although i thought this ruined the film. It's a lot more straightforward than people make out imo.

its not out yet but everyone needs to look up the trailer for "the other guys"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q12WGvupAHU

I'm a big Will Ferrell fan and have been looking forwar to this myself. It's also written and directed by Adam McKay, who also did both for 'Anchorman'. If it is anywhere near as good as that, then it will be brilliant!

its not out yet but everyone needs to look up the trailer for "the other guys"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q12WGvupAHU

I'm a big Will Ferrell fan and have been looking forwar to this myself. It's also written and directed by Adam McKay, who also did both for 'Anchorman'. If it is anywhere near as good as that, then it will be brilliant!

i went to see the movie DATE NIGHT a few days ago *it was pretty funny as well* but there were quite a few good previews....however when it showed the other guys i just thought "man i can't wait to watch this!!! i bet it will be hilarious!" sooooo i hope i haven't set the bar too high but i'm excited about it. :)

Â