The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Kick-Ass

+1.

Saw it at the Electric Cinema on Saturday and it was a whole heap of funny.

Now very interested to see how Scott Pilgrim vs. the World looks when it comes out later in the year.

Oh yes, looking forward to that too. Miss Winstead is in it aswell, which is always a bonus. :D

Anyone care to recommend some must have Blu-Rays? Browsing Play.com for some entertainment for the Easter diss writing period, thought I might as well get some good ones.

Pan's Labyrinth is a must. I'd second Blade Runner too, well worth it.

Watched Leon: Directors Cut the other night for the first time in absolutely ages. Forgotten how good it was.

underage Natalie Portman ftw ....errmmm :oops: thinking out loud again

I've not seen the director's cut but doesn't it suggest some form of encounter between her and Leon that was cut from the original release ?

The directors cut has a few more scenes elaborating on their relationship, chucks in a montage of her learning the ropes of being a 'cleaner', amongst other things, and yes a brief scene of them asleep in the same bed. I never felt there was anything sinister in that but some people do.

Portman is really disconcerting in it bearing in mind in later life she's a bit of a pin up. Good though. About the first film with a kid in a major role that I don't find annoying (apart from the scene cut from the theatrical release where she gets drunk, she's incredibly annoying in that).

Just watch Heat for the first time in about 10 years, still love it.
and me, really wanted to go to bed but had to be done! Watched kick ass and titans, KA was average imo expected it to be funny, liked titans but its a brainless instant throw away, and let the right one in, good film, didnt quite get the scarred lady bits though, very weird and not really required

Watched Leon: Directors Cut the other night for the first time in absolutely ages. Forgotten how good it was.

She was twelve when they filmed Leon. :?

I have been meaning to watch Roberto Benigni's 'A Beautiful Life' for years.

Did so recently and it's superb.

Watch Benignis Pinocchio. Just make sure you're not sober when you do, it's certainly an experience. :mrgreen:

I should say to Briggaman thanks for the Blade Runner Final Cut rec, I got the blu ray, watched it Friday night, and it is very, very good. And certainly doesn't look like it was shot in 80s.

She was twelve when they filmed Leon. :?

Exactly, she's far too old :puke:

Â