The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Do you not watch The Thick Of It Tony?

I'd never heard of it until just now when i read a web review and now your post .. will check it out now ..cheers

watching now ....

I think we should use the carrot and stick approach

take a carrot , stick it up his **** arse , followed by the stick ,followed by an even bigger rougher carrot

:-)

In the Loop was spectacular. Tucker's Law - If some word removed can **** something up, that word removed will pick the worst possible time to **** **** it up because that word removed's a word removed.

Loses something in the word filter mind. ;)

Just watched Invictus. Not great at all. The rugby scenes were pathetic and overall the atmosphere was fairly bitty.

Couldn't understand a word of the SA accent

I think the SA accents on American actors are great! I spend most of these types of films (Blood Diamond being one) laughing at the accent.

Probably not for everyone but I really enjoyed this one recently (if enjoyed is the right word).

513Fa6PE67L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

One of my favourite movies of last year. Incredibly emotional, well scripted and another great performance from Richard Jenkins.

Probably not for everyone but I really enjoyed this one recently (if enjoyed is the right word).

513Fa6PE67L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

One of my favourite movies of last year. Incredibly emotional, well scripted and another great performance from Richard Jenkins.

Seems we have mightily similar tastes. I've only suggested a handful of films in this thread and you've endorsed just about all of them!

Anything else I should keep an eye out for?

Just watched Invictus. Not great at all. The rugby scenes were pathetic and overall the atmosphere was fairly bitty.

I'd agree that it wasn't great at all, actually I'd go further and say it was pretty terrible.

The rugby scenes were worse than pathetic - they were too long for a kick off. Any film which deals with sport needs to keep its 'live sports' scenes short and to a minimum in terms of frequency.

Disappointing that two actors like Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon were involved and talks of Oscars are really, really shocking.

I watched Orphan last week, on recommendation from my house mate. Do not watch this steaming pile of shit.

I went to a friend's house on the Wednesday and she had also watched it with her house mate the same night. She said her house mate fell asleep right at the start, and she sat there shouting and swearing at the telly at how shit it was.

A truly awful film. Do not waste half an evening.

EDIT: It's almost as bad as An Inconvenient Truth...

Just watched "Moon"....very good

Yeah mate, would like to see 'Moon.' I believe there is a twist in the ending?

No not really.......you work out what's happening well before the end

I watched Orphan last week, on recommendation from my house mate. Do not watch this steaming pile of shit.

I went to a friend's house on the Wednesday and she had also watched it with her house mate the same night. She said her house mate fell asleep right at the start, and she sat there shouting and swearing at the telly at how shit it was.

:shock:

I'm not a horror fan at all. I hate horror's in fact. Orphan was a film I rather enjoyed though, and I believe a bearded colleague on here did as well.

Vera Farmiga :notworthy:

:shock:

I'm not a horror fan at all. I hate horror's in fact. Orphan was a film I rather enjoyed though, and I believe a bearded colleague on here did as well.

Vera Farmiga :notworthy:

Yes, I liked it :lol:

Â