The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I wouldn't say I'm enough of a Noir fan to have a top ten but I've seen most of the films in your list.

DOA is a must and I did watch Double Indemnity for the first time a few weeks ago but I actually did mean Double Jeopardy. Not the easiest film to find (I was given a copy by a friend) but I love it. Classic tale of murder, blackmail and investigation.

I wouldn't say I'm enough of a Noir fan to have a top ten but I've seen most of the films in your list.

DOA is a must and I did watch Double Indemnity for the first time a few weeks ago but I actually did mean Double Jeopardy. Not the easiest film to find (I was given a copy by a friend) but I love it. Classic tale of murder, blackmail and investigation.

Ah, OK. I'll take Double Jeopardy as a recommendation then - another one for my "to watch" list!

Ah, OK. I'll take Double Jeopardy as a recommendation then - another one for my "to watch" list!

If you can find it - had a quick look on Amazon and Play and they don't have it. Worth a search though.

Breach is a fantastic movie. Chris Cooper is such an overlooked talent isn't he? Superb in Adaptation, Capote, Syriana and American Beauty to name but a few.

Agree about Half Nelson and Lars and the Real Girl too.

Managed to pick this up cheap the other day too...

the-wackness-pics-20080415015948452_640w.jpg

Cracking little movie.

^^Watched that a couple of weeks ago. Within 5 minutes I knew I was going to hate it. 20 Minutes later, I loved it. Exactly the same happened with In Search of a Midnight Kiss which I think I mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread.

I'd like to put a vote in for Hank and Mike ( though i may have already done so back in the infancy of this thread)

I found it to be a great little comedy , far funnier than The hangover for example but maybe a more subtle \ aquired comedy

2pri712.jpg

Am loving the sound of The King from the synopsis. Have added it to my amazon wishlist (currently running at 140 dvd's) and will probably add it to my next order once I've got through the 12 films I already have piled up ready to watch.

Breach is a fantastic movie. Chris Cooper is such an overlooked talent isn't he? Superb in Adaptation, Capote, Syriana and American Beauty to name but a few.

Agree about Half Nelson and Lars and the Real Girl too.

Managed to pick this up cheap the other day too...

the-wackness-pics-20080415015948452_640w.jpg

Cracking little movie.

Spot on Si. Spot on. The soundtrack took me back to that era too. My times :) I didn't push though!

Â