The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Anyone watched Hannibal? any good?

I've recorded it on Sky+ but got other programs to watch too, don't want to waste my time if it's a shit film?

Well, it's got Aston Villa in it.

Otherwise, very very average. Not a great follow up to Silence of the Lambs, watchable.

I've recorded it on Sky+ but got other programs to watch too, don't want to waste my time if it's a shit film?

its ok if you like people past their prime phoning in a performance.........

.............sound like your type pf movie :lol:

Well, it's got Aston Villa in it.

Otherwise, very very average. Not a great follow up to Silence of the Lambs, watchable.

Hmm okay. Well I'll give it a watch, at worse, it can send me to sleep which isn't a bad thing.

Just watched "Moon"....very good

Yeah mate, would like to see 'Moon.' I believe there is a twist in the ending?

Not really. There is a curve ball thrown, but its not at the end and its not really supposed to be a trick on the viewer, its supposed to be how the central character deals with it.

That said, isnt it really annoying when somebody tells you there is a twist in a film? Twists only really work if you have no idea that they are coming. Spending half the movie trying to figure out what the twist might be usually kills it. Moon is excellent though. I highly recommend it.

it should probably go in "thing that piss you off..." but the excellent looking shutter island gets pushed further and further back by all accounts because they cant find funding for an oscar campaign (they want $60m IIRC)

Every time I've seen trailers for that I get the immense feeling I've no need to watch the film because it's told me the entire plot, including what I imagine is supposed to be some sort of twist.

I'm quite looking forward to it, although I also have my doubts. I can't help but crack up laughing every time Leonardo DiCaprio says about there being a thirteenth person or something in the trailer though. I have no idea why.....

Inception will hopefully blow everything away though and he's in that too.

Just rewatched No Country for Old Men. Gets better with every watch, can't recommend it enough.

Have you read the book?

There is some interesting insight in to Tommy Lee Jones' character's history that didn't make it into the movie.

I keep meaning to pick the book up, never have gotten round to it. I will do at the first opportunity, though that might be a way off if the pile of research material next to me is anything to go by.

I had heard they'd cut a bit that gives more emphasis to Tommy Lee Jones' character, don't think I really needed it but be interesting to see what else was chopped as well.

Defiance.

With Daniel Craig. Basically about Jews living in the Belarussian forest during the Second World War, hiding from the SS. Brilliant film.

Didn't think much of Defiance to be honest. Ok, worth a watch, but nothing more.

Then I'll check it out when it comes here. Think it'll be released here in Sweden February 24th. Though I must stop buying too many movies. Put in an order of films last night costing about £100. :?

Then I'll check it out when it comes here. Think it'll be released here in Sweden February 24th. Though I must stop buying too many movies. Put in an order of films last night costing about £100. :?

Torrents are your money-saving friend ;-)

Torrents are your money-saving friend ;-)

Bah, I'm all for having the originals, not some downloading criminal. And also, I never got how to download movies from torrent. It never worked for me. :oops: And even worse, when I did it when I had DC++ I was discovered and banned from the internet by my deliverer untill I'd come down to their office to sign a paper that I wouldn't do it again. :(

Defiance.

With Daniel Craig. Basically about Jews living in the Belarussian forest during the Second World War, hiding from the SS. Brilliant film.

Didn't think much of Defiance to be honest. Ok, worth a watch, but nothing more.

im with stevo, didnt find it that great, its also meant to be pretty loose on the old "based on actual events" it seems alot of people didnt like them brothers

i watched mesrine killer instinct last night, enjoyed it, found it hard to grasp how cold and unflinching he was, it hints at explaining him (the opening scene and the scene with his dad) but for me it was good but nothing amazing till canada

I watched Black Dynamite last night. If anybody wants to see a blaxploitation spoof, check it out. Very funny in places. They even stocked up on certain film to get the look in camera. If you hate "black" films, don't bother :)

Â