The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Yep, threw away all my DVDs and CDs around 15-20 years ago and never looked back. It’s liberating! Do it. How often do you watch a film again anyway?

Predator around 30 or so times 

• Like 2

laAVuN9LtmGL4MT1sIGxjseAUBM.jpg?format=j

The Curse of the Cat People - I liked it, some great visuals that served the surreal fairtale like nature of the film well, I can see why there have been comparisons to the movies of Jean Cocteau in that regard, and all the cast were great.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

In theory, I could ditch maybe 90% of my CDs, because they are available on streaming sites (just keeping the ones that aren't). But DVDs are entirely another matter. Dunno why it is, but remarkably few old movies are on the likes of Netflix or Amazon. I have quite a lot of 1940s film noir, for example, and I'm holding on to the discs. 

In other news, The Power of the Dog - decent movie. Hard to accept Bandicoot Cummerbund as a hardbitten cowboy, though. 

Edited by mjmooney

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

In theory, I could ditch maybe 90% of my CDs, because they are available on streaming sites (just keeping the ones that aren't). But DVDs are entirely another matter. Dunno why it is, but remarkably few old movies are on the likes of Netflix or Amazon. I have quite a lot of 1940s film noir, for example, and I'm holding on to the discs. 

In other news, The Power of the Dog - decent movie. Hard to accept Bandicoot Cummerbund as a hardbitten cowboy, though. 

On the contrary, I thought he was excellent.

He'll be well in the mix for Best Actor on that performance

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

On the contrary, I thought he was excellent.

He'll be well in the mix for Best Actor on that performance

Well yes, he was. 

The point is, I always knew it was Benedict Cumberbatch. Same thing happened (although to a much lesser degree) with Damian Lewis in both Band of Brothers and Homeland. 

• Like 1

We saw Belfast again at the cinema. Very rarely see a film at the cinema twice but that was worth it. Just so engaging and the  fundamentally decent people really make it great to spend time with. The kid is just amazing. Some kid actors really grate, but this lad was effortlessly natural. 

Spoiler

When Everlasting Love kicks in, emotionally I'm just gone both times 😀

Edited by Rodders
Clarity
  • Like 1

On 02/02/2022 at 18:58, Follyfoot said:

almost missed this, Prison drama with Craig Fairbrass. A Combination which will go down very well I’m sure. Not sure if it’s on streaming platforms or the cinema release. One for @Xelato keep an eye out for

image.jpeg.156b365588a278f39a29fcc091cb7fad.jpeg

Had to turn this off after 15 minutes, the sound is really muffled but that is the least of its problems. I turned off after (spoiler ahead and quite vile as well ) 

Spoiler

He did not like his cell  partner going to the toilet whilst he was in the cell , when he did he pushed the fellas head down the toilet and ripped some shit out of his arse and punched it into his face and beat him up

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Had to turn this off after 15 minutes, the sound is really muffled but that is the least of its problems. I turned off after (spoiler ahead and quite vile as well ) 

Reveal hidden contents

He did not like his cell  partner going to the toilet whilst he was in the cell , when he did he pushed the fellas head down the toilet and ripped some shit out of his arse and punched it into his face and beat him up

I hate it when that happens. 

• Haha 2

I watched the first five hours in hourly installments in as many days and then watched the final two and half hours. If I watch it again might try and watch it in two sittings, but don't think I liked it enought to watch in one go. Next time will probably read the book beforehand as well.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Looks like that bloke from Mad Magazine

Alfred E. Newman. There was a lad in my year at school that looked like him, so naturally got nicknamed Alf. Hhis real name was Simon, but even his parents called him Alf! 

• Like 1

Â