The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Just now, Meath_Villan said:

I'm about to go balls deep on this on my day off with this recommendation....better be worth it 😜

I absolutely loved it.

I mean, it's Macbeth. So if you're expecting anything revolutionary with the story you're going to be disappointed. 

But as someone who hasn't read Macbeth in 20 odd years, coupled with the acting and the visuals, I thought it was amazing

p20868132_v_h8_aa.jpg?w=1280&h=720

Didn't like this one. I wouldn't have watched it if it wasn't for the best actor/actress nominations.

Having never seen an episode of "I Love Lucy" I'm sure I wasn't the target market. But found it pretty dull throughout. Kidman carried it

Not that it matters but will be fun to learn how they explain how the 40 or so dinosaurs from 10 or so different species that escaped managed to "take over the world". Especially the US where everyone carries a semi-automatic rifle and is on crack.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Films I've watched recently:

Joker: loved it and hadn't laughed so much in ages.

Parasite: beautifully shot, some incidental insights into Korean society, but too long and an inexplicable climax.

Moonlight: Kermode made this his film of the decade, or some such, but it never quite fulfilled its early promise.

Heat (1995): Another bloated over-long behemoth, De Niro and Pacino, competing for the over-acting medal. The pace was constantly dissipated by too much stuff about relationships. Val Kilmer looked like he was wearing a wig.

On 10/02/2022 at 15:42, sne said:

Not that it matters but will be fun to learn how they explain how the 40 or so dinosaurs from 10 or so different species that escaped managed to "take over the world". Especially the US where everyone carries a semi-automatic rifle and is on crack.

I bet the dinos are Trump fans as well. The prehistoric shits! 

On 10/02/2022 at 15:13, villa4europe said:

that looks awesome, hopefully does the fan service stuff right, ghostbusters nailed it id love it if they did the same

i1O4PxJ.gif

Seriously though, looks like they've thrown the kitchen sink at it so will probably be rubbish

Dinos look worse than they did in 1993*

* what I mean is that they were ace in 1993, but don't look as good in this.

Edited by Xela
not telling ;)
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Seriously though, looks like they've thrown the kitchen sink at it so will probably be rubbish

Dinos look worse than they did in 1993*

* what I mean is that they were ace in 1993, but don't look as good in this.

You'd have thought the CGI would be better after thirty years.

The plot seems to be based upon Mad Max, with the pursuing vehicles being replaced by dinosaurs.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Heat (1995): Another bloated over-long behemoth, De Niro and Pacino, competing for the over-acting medal. The pace was constantly dissipated by too much stuff about relationships. Val Kilmer looked like he was wearing a wig.

This is a take that I vehemently disagree with, and I do not type the word vehemently lightly (terrified as I am of misspelling it and looking like some dribbling nitwit... well, more of a dribbling nitwit).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

3WcNeh3.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Anyone watched this one yet? It's not getting great reviews sadly so I guess I'll have to keep waiting for a new Jean-Pierre Jeunet masterpiece.

Big Bug (2022) - IMDb

Rating is low but the Mademoiselle in the orande top and the dominatrix with the drinks look interesting. 

Â